Thrifty Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thrifty Foods

2.4

Sort:

Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods.

Interview

30 min f2f interview. basic customer service questions. hired with one interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Rock, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (White Rock, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

it took about 3 weeks before they could start me on training and they kept losing all the paper work I had filled out and it was frustrating but overall it was good

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods.

Interview

It was a new store so it was a quick five minute interview at a job fair type setting. There was a bit of a miscommunication error in the location being changed, but luckily my being fifteen minutes late didn't affect my interview. The manager asked a 4-5 questions that were pretty straightforward and easy to answer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Two people interview, was good, questions challenging

Interview Questions

• Name I time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central Saanich, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Central Saanich, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

My last interview, when I was hired back after a time travelling, was rather disappointing in the end. The manager asked general questions, and I knew I would likely be hired because they all already knew me, but she asked me how much I would like to be paid, which was a misleading question because she knew no matter what I said, I would be put back down to minimum wage (which was 10.25 at the time). I said $12.00/hour or more, because that is what I believe my skills and work experience as well as work ethic are worth, but was disappointed. I do not think that question was appropriate because of its misleading nature.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you should be paid?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume in-store, received a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview. Simple one-on-one interview with one of the Front End Managers, where she asked basic questions about customer service and past experience, some hypotheticals. Finally asked about my references and said she'd give me a call after speaking to them, got the call a few days later with a job offer.

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later to set up an interview in an additional week. I had a very friendly and welcoming interview. I interviewed with the department manager in an upstairs office. I was given examples of the questions I would be asked in the interview ahead of time so that I could easily fully answer them. The interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any restrictions on ghe hours and days you can work?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a one on one experience. Pretty classic questions, there was one that was basically just asking to tell a little bit about your self, and then some one’s about customer service and organization.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delta, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Delta, BC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

there were 2 managers present in the interview. The interview was easy most of the questions were just personality questions. As long as you are polite and presentable you will get the job.

SALES CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

Talked with department manager, answered questions about the job I was applying for. Witness was present to listen to my answers and help interviewer with additional questions, but each potential employee was interviewed by only the two people, one at a time. Questions were fairly simple, and based mainly around customer service aspects of the job. Answers did not have to be incredibly in depth, as long as the question was answered fairly clearly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given a task you were unsure of how to perform?   1 Answer