Thrifty Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thrifty Foods Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.5

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods.

Interview

It was a new store so it was a quick five minute interview at a job fair type setting. There was a bit of a miscommunication error in the location being changed, but luckily my being fifteen minutes late didn't affect my interview. The manager asked a 4-5 questions that were pretty straightforward and easy to answer.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked some dynamic & unconventional questions that were two part (what the company stands for + random related question) as well as some questions regarding my work experience. They emphasized how they are picky in choosing employees as training is expensive and they are looking for people dedicated to working there for an extended period of time.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe good customer service for you?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you had to follow directions.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a positive teamworking experience that you have had.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later to set up an interview in an additional week. I had a very friendly and welcoming interview. I interviewed with the department manager in an upstairs office. I was given examples of the questions I would be asked in the interview ahead of time so that I could easily fully answer them. The interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any restrictions on ghe hours and days you can work?   Answer Question

Baker/Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied the job online, then they called me back 10 days later and set the interview date. I was taken to upstairs office to be interviewed.

The interviewer was friendly. It took about 10-15 minutes or so. After interview, the lady from the bakery took me down to the baking section to show me around. I asked them when would I hear from them if I got hired, and she told me in 4 days or so. I did';t hear from them after one week so I guess I din't get hired.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume in-store, received a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview. Simple one-on-one interview with one of the Front End Managers, where she asked basic questions about customer service and past experience, some hypotheticals. Finally asked about my references and said she'd give me a call after speaking to them, got the call a few days later with a job offer.

Floor Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Since I had five previous years in retail I was basically offered the job on the spot, they asked me a few basic questions but the interview was no longer than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for Thrifty Foods?   1 Answer

Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods.

Interview

30 min f2f interview. basic customer service questions. hired with one interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central Saanich, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Central Saanich, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

My last interview, when I was hired back after a time travelling, was rather disappointing in the end. The manager asked general questions, and I knew I would likely be hired because they all already knew me, but she asked me how much I would like to be paid, which was a misleading question because she knew no matter what I said, I would be put back down to minimum wage (which was 10.25 at the time). I said $12.00/hour or more, because that is what I believe my skills and work experience as well as work ethic are worth, but was disappointed. I do not think that question was appropriate because of its misleading nature.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you should be paid?   1 Answer

Thrifty Foods Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Regular interview where they ask about customer service skills, and once hired they require you to do training through computer courses on how to handle customers. They ask you about availability and try to assess where you can fit in with their hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were required to resolve conflict.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delta, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thrifty Foods (Delta, BC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

there were 2 managers present in the interview. The interview was easy most of the questions were just personality questions. As long as you are polite and presentable you will get the job.