Thrivent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thrivent

2.7

Community Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online in December and was notified in February that they wanted to meet with me for an interview & introduction about the company/position. I interviewed in person at the Colorado Springs office were I met with the VP of Operations. During my interview, they asked me if I would be interested in Financial Advisor position. I respectfully declined and was advised that I had to take a personality assessment test and to come back for a second interview after the results were supplied. It took a week and half to receive an email from the Regional Specialist in the office indicating to come back on Friday afternoon to meet with the VP of Operations for a second interview. I was scheduled to come as advised until I received an email the day before from the Regional Specialist advising me of the following: After careful consideration, we have decided to cancel tomorrow’s interview. We value your experience, but after careful consideration we have decided that your natural market is not substantial enough to have a successful career as a financial advisor. We wish you the best on your career search. The catch here is that I didn’t apply to be a Financial Advisor. I applied for the Community Engagement Leader position. To all future candidates –please be careful when applying to work here. This is a very unprofessional and misleading company because the position you initially apply to isn’t what they interview you for.

To reject a candidate after they have indicated they aren’t interested in a sales position with your organization is just wrong. I understand that you need Financial Advisors in your office and location, but treat a prospective employee with respect and do not lead them on with malicious interests alone to fill your position requirement in sales.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me more about yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent in December 2014.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter led to face-to-face interview with hiring manager and another manager. Background and credit check, followed by senior manager phone interview, and then final offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how your current skill set will be an asset for this position?   2 Answers

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first two rounds of the interview process were virtual and the final interview was in person with the hiring manager and regional VP. Everyone was very passionate about the company's mission and history. They were really trying to increase growth in this market and saw Community Relations as a function of public relations.

Interview Questions

• At one point during the interview they asked me if I would in interested in a sales position instead.   1 Answer

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions (get to know you type questions, why us, describe how you overcame or dealt with X). The process was longer than any other company I interviewed with, which could be tough if you need a job immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why Thrivent? How do you handle an uncooperative team member?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thrivent (Everett, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Very simple phone interview with HR. Asked about career goals, why become a financial advisor and why Thrivent. Also asked about sales experience and motivation

New Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thrivent (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

No response from Thrivent after second, in-person, interview. The process took over sixty days, not expected for this opening. The business leaders were helpful in understanding role and company. They did not return calls which I found unprofessional and does not reflect well on company.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Thrivent (Appleton, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

30 minutes Telephonic round of interview with the team technical manager. Covered different topics with each question. he was clear and very communicative while asking the questions. Repeated if necessary, no coding required.

Insight Analyst Interview

Interview

It was amazing. The interview felt more like a conversation than an interrogation. Mainly behavioral questions but one or two very basic questions to see your first response when faced with a problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time when you had a problem at work and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thrivent (Downers Grove, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process took way longer then needed at my own expense. Half of the interviews were just them laughing and talking about there lives.had to drive 40 miles 5 times for interviews.Now after 4 months of being all in with this company after they said this is a perfect career for me, they let me go with no thought given about me and my wife and what we invested to start this career.

Interview Questions

• This business is very relationship oriented, do you have any issues building relationships with people you don't know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Way to involved. I spent more money trying to interview then they paid me while I worked there. They were supposed to reimburse but never did. Even After accepting the job I have to spend more money getting to classes and paying for tests to get licensed that was also never reimbursed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thrivent in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with them after a campus career fair, got a second interview contact about a month later (which they informed me it would take about that long). Great contact and great people all along the way while being hired.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question