KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.7
Thrivent Chief Executive Officer Teresa J. Rasmussen
Teresa J. Rasmussen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and rewarding to work with clients to help set them up for success(in 73 reviews)
  • "Good benefits; 401K and pension;(in 68 reviews)
  • "Great culture for the most part(in 36 reviews)
  • "Many can experience a good work/life balance and the emphasis on ethics/morals promotes a positive type of peer pressure.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Christian organization, casual dress, worked as a team, generally supported the work/life balance, flexible schedule(in 17 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Thrivent and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Excellent

Sep 26, 2022 - Data Entry Specialist in Appleton, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Highly organized Awesome Friendly Environment

Cons

None I can think of

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good Benefits and Nice Work Balance

Sep 23, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thrivent offers a very good benefit package and most areas offer a welcomed work/life balance environment.

Cons

No cons to report regarding benefits. The benefits appear to be competitive in the marketplace.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Sep 22, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management cares about employees. Focused on providing competitive products and excellent customer service.

Cons

None - very positive experience overall

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Not For Profit Company to work for

Sep 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Charity minded Give funds to members to help with causes chosen by members Great Insurance Products and Financial Planning tools

Cons

Need to update technology to make is easier to complete business transactions Need access to platforms that compare products within the company and outside of the company (provide more options to clients) It can be difficult to access additional functions and services for business

5. 5.0

Faith based financial firm

Sep 14, 2022 - Financial Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Care about clients. Management is great. Good company overall

Cons

Very difficult to start out as a financial advisor. Pay less than the industry norm on commission sales. But support is excellent

6. 5.0

Terrific culture!

Sep 12, 2022 - VP Growth
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thrivent has an amazing values driven workforce that deeply aligns with the organizations purpose of inspiring generosity with our clients and communities we serve.

Cons

I can’t think of any major cons.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Enjoyed my time but hit the ceiling

Sep 11, 2022 - Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was at Thrivent a little over 6 years. I enjoyed the challenges and went up the ranks several times. I loved the values, helping communities (through our generosity and through our members) I felt the organization had soul. It’s one of those companies where “everyone is just so nice” Very client centric. I miss it - I’d potentially go back someday

Cons

It’s such a old company with old technology so getting things done often felt like we were duct tapping things together and then we couldn’t get at the data or true goal of the solutions. I left because I was a “high achiever” and told several times I had a bright future and was rewarded as so. I just never received opportunity to move up after much networking/applying etc. I felt it was my time to go elsewhere.

Continue reading
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's a hit or miss

Sep 22, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO accrual Competitive benefits package

Cons

Does not foster career growth

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Leadership turmoil causing instability

Sep 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, flexible working options including remote or mobile, Fortune 300 company with the accompanying features and perks, nice buildings if you choose to work in the office, good volunteer options and time off policy,

Cons

constant turnover in all levels of leadership has recently caused very unstable times in an organization that was once great, uninspiring president, actions do not reflect the virtuous image they project - just get things done regardless of the impact to employees; diversity amongst the technology side of the company is strongly weighted with men - typically men that previously worked together at other companies and now come to Thrivent to work for the new leadership; no longer feels based in Christian foundations

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Review and Report on Financial Statements on a monthly and quarterly basis

Sep 6, 2022 - FP&A Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is fast-paced and transforms frequently

Cons

Plan to work longer than 8 hours per day on average Pay could be more competitive

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 10 of 775 Reviews

Thrivent Reviews FAQs

Thrivent has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 883 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Thrivent to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Thrivent employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Thrivent. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

66% of Thrivent employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thrivent 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Thrivent to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Thrivent Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Thrivent? Share Your Experiences

Thrivent Careers

Cover image for Thrivent

At Thrivent, you'll focus every day on making a meaningful impact on the lives of those you serve. And, unlike anywhere else, you'll get...More

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

134 days ago

Culture
    Anandh Asokan, vice president of enterprise integration services at Thrivent and a member of the Forbes Technology Council, weighs in on ways leaders can help build inclusive teams. One of the keys to building successful teams, he says, is setting context for the team. This ultimately leads to better engagement, fosters trust, and helps the business make the right decisions to serve customers’ needs. Read more from Anandh and other tech leaders: 16 Effective Ways Tech Businesses Can Build Truly Inclusive Teams.
    Shared image - Council Post: 16 Effective Ways Tech Businesses Can Build Truly Inclusive Teams
    Council Post: 16 Effective Ways Tech Businesses Can Build Truly Inclusive Teams
    lnkd.in

160 days ago

Events
    Today our President and CEO Teresa (Terry) Rasmussen took the stage at the Global Insurance Symposium with CEOs from four major life insurers to participate in a panel about the future of insurance. She shared her predictions for what the industry will look like over the next decade and how we can prepare to meet the evolving needs of consumers, fill talent gaps, prioritize diversity & inclusion, and hedge against possible future risks.
    Shared image

Thrivent Photos

+ Add Photo
    Thrivent photo of: Outside Home Office
    Thrivent photo of: Thrivent Headquarters
    Thrivent photo of: Thrivent Headquarters
    Thrivent photo of: Inside Thrivent Headquarters
    Thrivent photo of: A view of the Appleton Thrivent offices
    Thrivent photo of: Appleton offices at night
    Thrivent photo of: Front sign