Tiger Retail Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tiger Retail Limited

2.6

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

A quick 15 minute Skype interview asking about my relevant work experience on my CV.

Afterwards I was invited to head office on Tottenham Court Road, and was asked to construct a 5 minute presentation on my favourite retailer, to be presented to graduate trainee manager and two other staff members at head office.

Next stage was a face to face interview with trainee manager and another member of head office, asking questions about my experience and how it relates to the job role and also experiences of when I have managed and solved problems.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (Harrow, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a brief call from one of the managers from the store applied, briefly outlined my work history and where i am currently working. Was invited for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of good customer service   1 Answer
    • what is the outcome of poor communication   1 Answer
    • What type of tasks will be required when working at tigers   1 Answer
    • who are our competitors   1 Answer
    • what is different about our tiger stores in comparison to the other retailers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call to come for the interview to the shop, it was quite long like for this type of shop. They ask you many questions like you are going to earn god knows how much money.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your excellent customer service experience   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

good , took 10 minutes and had 2 interviewers. extremely casual and friendly! had a bit of a laugh and weren't fussed i didn't have any retail experience, as training is given.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

Wandered around the shop for ~10 min while waiting. One person came out to meet me and brought me into the tiny back room (office) where another person was waiting. Both asked questions.
    These questions were generally simple (no mention of your greatest strengths/weaknesses or where you'd like to be in a year etc.), and both interviewers were polite

Interview Questions

• What do you think the shopping experience in Tiger should be like?   Answer Question
    • What was your favourite of the jobs/courses on your CV and why?   Answer Question
    • What was your least favourite of the jobs/courses on your CV and why?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a group? How would those people describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Easy, warm, friendly. Asked a few questions which caught me out. Didn't seemed bothered I had no retail experience. They seemed desperate so they let me away with a few slip ups offering me the job two days later. If you do your research on the store you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Who are tigers main competitors?   1 Answer
    • Are you a leader of a team member?   1 Answer
    • What's your favourite tiger product   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to a recruitment evening and there was about 20 people. The first part was that we had to work in pairs and introduce ourselves. Then we had to talk about a product which were underneath our chair.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

2 stages

Groups interview had 3 stages. First stage was to get to know the person next to you and introduce them to the group. second stage was a group activity. Third stage you are given a product and you have to explain what it is and what else it could be used for.

Finally the work trial and individual interview. You shadow a worker for about an hour, and the manager gives you a couple of tasks, such as checking the standards of product presentation and pricing, then you get called in for a simple interview with the manager, discussing availability etc.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview for a new store that was opening a few weeks later - and it took about 4 hours, we were assessed on 3 different activities. These included group activities where you are expected to build a structure as a team in a certain time limit with a limited amount of resources.

If you passed these activities, you got through to the next stage of one-to-one interviews which took place straight afterwards.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tiger Retail Limited (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was VERY fast. I would done in under 15 minutes, but that was due to the amount of people being interviewed in one day (the store was literally brand new). It was done one on one with the assistant manager in the office. It was a very pleasant experience, the questions were quite simple. I applied for a xmas temp role so before we started talking i had to write down my availability from monday - sunday and what days i could work during new years. I would advice to be prepared for hypothetical questions as most of the interview is that way inclined. They will read off a list of questions about your previous employer, then ask for examples of your experience within past jobs, then going on to more personal questions about what you as an individual could bring to the company. I recommend you asking them a few questions at the end of the interview that are different, the company LOVES different. I asked "Do you like your job here at Tiger?" They loved it.

Interview Questions

• At Tiger you will be given a task list at the beginning of your shift that you will need to complete. You only have 15 minutes left of your shift but you know you won't be able to complete your task list, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • What could you bring to the Tiger team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a phone call to say i was accepted, but we haggled over the amount of hours contracted. They are lovely enough to accept the hours you can only work, but be prepared for being locked completely in that agreement.