TigerDirect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2016

2.0

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TigerDirect (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Interviewer later 20 minutes and rude. The employee answered telephone calls and forgot where in the process to restart. The employee forgot my name a couple times and seemed confused.

B2B Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TigerDirect.

Interview

It was all done over the phone. Very easy to go through. Almost felt scammy at first because of how easy the interview process was. Once I completed the phone interview I got an offer verbally and then was sent the hiring packet in a matter of 20 minutes. everything went very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a better fit for this position than other candidates?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Miami, FL).

Interview

One interview with EVP. Sit down and discussion about importance of e marketing metrics. No formal questions about anything else, really just wanted to learn more about me and my background. Email and web marketing primarily. Had a phone screen with one of the marketing directors prior and met with HR consistently throughout the process.

A+ Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process was very easy, but it just took forever to get the paperwork back from corporate. The interview lasted maybe 30min. Submitted a drug test and had to provide that I had my A+ certification.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and immediately got an email from one of their recruiters. I spoke with her for about 15 minutes and set up an in person interview with the hiring manager in Naperville. I was more than qualified for this job. The recruiter seemed very excited and gave me a few pointers for the face to face. The hiring manager was incredibly unprofessional. It was obvious she had no desire to interview me. Her body language reminded me of a pouting child who refuses to eat her broccoli but hasn't been excused from the table. She slouched in her chair with her arms crossed. Her legs were stretched out with her ankles crossed. She smirked and made faces like a kid with an attitude problem. She did not contact me with her decision as promised and I had to hound the recruiter for the answer I already knew was coming. Obviously I got no offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Translation: Why would YOU ever want to work here?   Answer Question

B2B Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Boise, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Face-to-face with Sales Manager - very thorough and they want to make sure you understand the job and culture. Once he decided I was a good fit, he gave me the packet of paperwork to fill out and then told me where to go to do my drug test. Once background check was completed, they presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my resume and why I thought I'd be a good fit for their company.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Loitered around the store when I arrived, since the interviewer was not at the store at the time. Interview was quite quick and formal, my interviewer got straight to the point and very direct. After reading my resume and answering a few questions, he then offered me the job, but before that, I had to fill out a few papers, get a few tests and everything was good.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable selling? Can you sell? etc, etc.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TigerDirect.

Interview

Phone interview. I spoke with a District or Territory manager who was cordial until he asked me about salary expectations. This is when he became extremely condescending. I remained calm but at that point the interview was over. He made me feel like I was wasting his time and was out or my mind for even thinking I was going to get paid said amount, even though my current employer has no problem paying me that amount.

Interview Questions

• Why I felt I should get paid more than their General Managers?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was great I talked with the district manager , and the lead tech. They knew I was right for this position even though I wasn't A+ Certified at the time, I had the knowledge they were looking for. Interview was a breeze. I have taken A+ classes back in high school, along with Cisco. I have also ran a side business since then doing that plus more.

Interview Questions

• About operating systems, solid states, video cards, workstation vs desktop build   1 Answer

B2B Account Manager - Raleigh, NC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on Indeed.com. The recruiter sent over the job description via email and a brief telephone interview was conducted. On the telephone interview, the recruiter asked me a number of questions pertaining to inside sales. After the call, I was instructed to fill out an online application. The online application contained 9 questions (1. What image do you have of our company and this industry? What types of products/services have you sold and how did you sell them? What kind of goals motivate you the best? What total compensation are you seeking? Tell me about a sales experience that demonstrates your work ethic? What is your sales process, given a qualified lead? How many contacts do you make on a qualified lead? If you had to turn down a request from a valued client, what would you do? Describe a customer complaint that you have resolved? How do you handle negative feedback from very angry clients? How do you respond to him/her? Explain with an example, how would you handle a situation where a customer is asking for something, which is not in the interest of the company or which would violate a policy of the company?) Once I completed the application, the recruiter set up a face to face interview with Tiger Direct. The interview was not difficult as they asked the same questions from the online application. I was interviewed by two sales manager and I sat with an inside sales rep for 15 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What kind of goals motivate you the best?   1 Answer

The salary offered was 25K for the first six months with 13% commission and 20K after six months with 18% commission. A new inside sales rep starts with no client list therefore you will not profit from the commission until you develop a solid client list which will take anywhere from 1-2 years. They only offer 6 paid holidays out of 10 calendar holidays. You do not start accruing vacation time until you have been employed for 6 months.

Even though the salary was not what I was looking for the people seem to be friendly. I do believe this is an opportunity for someone who is now starting off. It is a decent alternative from working at a fast food joint and having to work weekend and holiday hours. This is a nice opportunity for self motivated students, it does require a person with confidence, who is well spoken, and comfortable using a computer.