TopBuild Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at TopBuild

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TopBuild (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted after emailing my resume through a school function/event. I had a panel interview and the interviewees were professional but fun. While panel interviews can seem intense, my interview experience here was pleasant and almost informal.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you had to be a leader.   Answer Question
    • Share a time when you had to work with someone who was opposed to working with you or was not easily forthcoming with information.   Answer Question
    • Share a time when you had conflict at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TopBuild (College Park, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Responded to an online ad for a safety professional role and was called in for an interview at the headquarters in Daytona Beach. Interview was with the head of risk/safety and lasted about 45 minutes. Interviewer was impatient and arrogant and mostly asked psychological based questions. I did not hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a challenging coworker?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TopBuild (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

it was a normal process, very professional, I liked the people I met. The questions were professional and probing. It made me interested to work there in the future.

HRIS - Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TopBuild in March 2019.

Interview

I had high hopes at the start of my application process with Top Build. I applied for an intern position and within a few days, I was contacted by an HR representative. She asked a few questions and set me up with a phone interview two days later. Four days after that, I had my video interview. I was told “you really are a good fit for this position”. I asked the hiring manager when she hoped to select a candidate and was told “soon, very soon” regarding candidate selection. Clearly her “soon” and my “soon” are two different things, because as of the date I withdrew my application, it had been four weeks since my video interview and I heard nothing.

I followed up eight days after my video interview and let the hiring manager know I was eager to hear an update and asked her to let me know if I could provide anything else, but to no avail. Regarding the interview process and the questions I was asked, it was pretty painless.

To the hiring managers, please be mindful of what you are telling candidates during the interview process. Some people have a lot riding on obtaining an internship and things you say could give false hope.

Self Serve Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TopBuild (Lagos (Nigeria)).

Interview

Was Great and we use to each other and I have nice time with the company and asked about my past what I'm doing before getting into interior design job

Interview Questions

• How long I'm into my occupation   1 Answer