TopSpot Internet Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TopSpot Internet Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX).

Interview

One of the worst interview processes I've been through. The initial phone interview was no more than 11 minutes long, then I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and the SEO manager. It was one of the most boring, dry, interviews I've ever had and it was clear that neither person had any interest in getting to know me.
    I've always held the philosophy that both the interviewer and the interviewee should enter into an interview with the mindset of wanting to be wanted. This is absolutely not a philosophy that TopSpot seems to share. Not only did the hiring manager continuously stress that it's an incredibly difficult job, she never smiled, barely made eye contact, and had no idea how to describe the company's culture. While TopSpot has a page on company culture on their site, neither of the people I spoke with had anything to say about it. It makes me wonder if the company's culture and values had been communicated to them at all, or if it was just for show on their site. All they had to say was that they were looking for people "who want to work hard."
    After the interview, I left without any desire to receive an offer. They asked for references, never called them, and sent a standard rejection email the next day. The entire process made me feel like TopSpot is missing the most important aspect of the communications industry: focusing on people first. My advice to the company would be to rethink that strategy. Hire some more personable people who want to do right by others and will prioritize respect. It's a small world and while it doesn't seem like it will matter or impact your company's profit in the long run, people talk. I've gone through plenty of interview process that didn't lead to a job, but I've only left with a bad feeling about a few companies and groups of people, and unfortunately TopSpot is one of them.

SEO Specialist Interview

Interview

It was pretty relaxed, usually there are multiple interviews with different people to determine a good fit. Usually, you will meet with someone from your potential department. Everyone is kind and professional during the interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall at this point. Again, I felt that the interview was fairly conversational, they want to know if you are a good fit.   Answer Question

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initially emailed by HR late at night to set up a phone interview. A few days later was offered an in-person interview. Was told I was going to contacted by HR in a few days. It took them over 2 weeks to even respond to an email or phone call. The third interview was with a Director. She seemed annoyed before the interview began. I ended up getting an email with no explanation that I didn't get the job.

HR throughout the process was very unprofessional and unresponsive. Emails came sometimes at 10 pm. HR never responded in time they said they would. Left you out to dry.

SEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The process itself was smooth and everything was straightforward during the process, but I didn't have enough experience to get the job. Someone with more experience but my background would have got the job.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

very dry interview, one of the shortest one I had. got there at 2:50, my interview was at 3... didn't get in till 315 and by 325 I was back in my car. Very full of it.

Interview Questions

• not one specific question just sat they look at my resume and said hmm great resume but why this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was kept very short and sweet. Shortly after the interview, I was sent a survey to complete(in order to see if I would fit into the work environment). 5 days later, I was asked for a face to face interview. They offered another job besides the SEO Specialist, and it seemed very promising, but sadly I was not offered any positions. The interviewers looked very unhappy.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview process began with a phone interview with the TopSpot HR Manager, then an in-person interview with the HR Manager and SEO Director, then a final in-person interview with the Director of Client Services. Although I did this through a recruiter, I was in frequent contact with the HR Manager directly or indirectly through my recruiter. The HR Manager was extremely nice and helpful throughout the entire process and was very communicative in telling me next steps as well as exactly where I need to be and when. Everyone I spoke to was polite and made me feel like they were very interested in getting to learn more about me and my previous work experience. One of my interviews went over the allotted time but the person interviewing me did not seem annoyed or frustrated by that at all. Everyone I spoke to made this process as seamless and enjoyable as possible.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous work experience and why I wanted to work at TopSpot. My tip is to make sure you do your research and show that you're interested by coming prepared with questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing.

Interview

Went through a series of two phone interviews and one in person interview. They asked straight forward questions, no tricks. Speedy response and position offer but not much negotiation in terms of salary.

PPC Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took only a day for them to process. Received an e-mail asking about a good phone interview time. We had to reschedule once. The woman who interviewed me called 15 minutes late. The interview itself was very fast. I felt a bit rushed. It seemed like she wasn't paying attention because she asked me questions that I had already mentioned.

Once off the phone, she sent me a culture survey via e-mail. It took a couple minutes to fill out. Later, I received another e-mail saying that they did not have a position for me at this time.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in digital marketing?

What is your ideal job position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I received an invitation for a phone interview a few days later. The interview was pushed back 1 day because of meetings on their end, and a second day because one of the interviewers got sick. After having the interview, which went well. I was told that I would get an invite to take a personality quiz. After not receiving it in 24 hours, I emailed back and got no response. I then emailed another address and was able to get a response 120 hrs after my interview. I took the quiz and submitted it that evening. I emailed the next morning that they received the quiz, and it was confirmed that they had. I then waited for 2 weeks for a response. I emailed back and was told that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a Project Manager to you?   1 Answer