TopSpot Internet Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initially emailed by HR late at night to set up a phone interview. A few days later was offered an in-person interview. Was told I was going to contacted by HR in a few days. It took them over 2 weeks to even respond to an email or phone call. The third interview was with a Director. She seemed annoyed before the interview began. I ended up getting an email with no explanation that I didn't get the job.

HR throughout the process was very unprofessional and unresponsive. Emails came sometimes at 10 pm. HR never responded in time they said they would. Left you out to dry.

SEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The process itself was smooth and everything was straightforward during the process, but I didn't have enough experience to get the job. Someone with more experience but my background would have got the job.

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was kept very short and sweet. Shortly after the interview, I was sent a survey to complete(in order to see if I would fit into the work environment). 5 days later, I was asked for a face to face interview. They offered another job besides the SEO Specialist, and it seemed very promising, but sadly I was not offered any positions. The interviewers looked very unhappy.

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview process began with a phone interview with the TopSpot HR Manager, then an in-person interview with the HR Manager and SEO Director, then a final in-person interview with the Director of Client Services. Although I did this through a recruiter, I was in frequent contact with the HR Manager directly or indirectly through my recruiter. The HR Manager was extremely nice and helpful throughout the entire process and was very communicative in telling me next steps as well as exactly where I need to be and when. Everyone I spoke to was polite and made me feel like they were very interested in getting to learn more about me and my previous work experience. One of my interviews went over the allotted time but the person interviewing me did not seem annoyed or frustrated by that at all. Everyone I spoke to made this process as seamless and enjoyable as possible.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous work experience and why I wanted to work at TopSpot. My tip is to make sure you do your research and show that you're interested by coming prepared with questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing.

Interview

Went through a series of two phone interviews and one in person interview. They asked straight forward questions, no tricks. Speedy response and position offer but not much negotiation in terms of salary.

PPC Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took only a day for them to process. Received an e-mail asking about a good phone interview time. We had to reschedule once. The woman who interviewed me called 15 minutes late. The interview itself was very fast. I felt a bit rushed. It seemed like she wasn't paying attention because she asked me questions that I had already mentioned.

Once off the phone, she sent me a culture survey via e-mail. It took a couple minutes to fill out. Later, I received another e-mail saying that they did not have a position for me at this time.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in digital marketing?

What is your ideal job position?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I received an invitation for a phone interview a few days later. The interview was pushed back 1 day because of meetings on their end, and a second day because one of the interviewers got sick. After having the interview, which went well. I was told that I would get an invite to take a personality quiz. After not receiving it in 24 hours, I emailed back and got no response. I then emailed another address and was able to get a response 120 hrs after my interview. I took the quiz and submitted it that evening. I emailed the next morning that they received the quiz, and it was confirmed that they had. I then waited for 2 weeks for a response. I emailed back and was told that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a Project Manager to you?   1 Answer

Paid Search Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

A phone call, which took a while to get scheduled (back and forth emails) and that took about 30 minutes. A week after the phone call, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, which took a while to set up and was rescheduled. It was about 30 minutes and I was asked the same questions from the initial phone call.

SEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial phone interview were pleasant and relaxed. The Manager I interviewed were friendly and thorough with her preliminary questioning.

Interview Questions

• Scheduling the second interviewing was a bit challenging because the other managers were too busy. Otherwise it was great!   Answer Question

SEO Speciatlist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TopSpot Internet Marketing (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Most of the questions and description of the role and company were straightforward. This company hires based off of personality, how well it appears you will work with others and fit into company culture, and your willingness to learn new things and think outside of the box.