Topdeck Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Topdeck Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at Topdeck Travel

Interviews for Top Jobs at Topdeck Travel

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out. It started out with a long analysis/presentation that was pretty much homework. It was then weeks between communications. They then invited me for a video interview. The salary that they were offering was less than half of what I am making now as a Product Manager. They didn't seem to have any flexibility on the salary and kept trying to convince me that it was just a fun place to work, so that would make up for the very significant pay cut. After all of that, they just sent me a generic "thanks, we've decided to go with someone else" email.

Interview Questions

• A full analysis of their sales data along with recommendations as to what to do next   Answer Question

Product Manager - North America Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Topdeck Travel.

Interview

I applied online via Indeed. I then received an automated email with instructions to analyze Topdeck's 2015 and 2016 sales data. I had to provide two insights/trends from the data as well as two product recommendations. After submitting this assignment, I received an email that had a sparkhire link. I then had to record answers for a one way interview. Finally, I interviewed with the General Manager for Topdeck's Santa Monica office through a zoom video link.

I was very unimpressed with Topdeck's hiring process. For such a "young and fun" company, the interview process was highly impersonal. I understand that Topdeck probably received a large amount of applications. However, I highly doubt that they received more than companies like Disney or NBCUniversal, who still give you the courtesy of contacting you through a recruiter. I understood giving the first assignment in order to test applicant and give applicants a sense of the job, but it was very off putting to receive yet another automated email in response to my assignment submission asking me to do yet another assignment without having had any contact with a real person. I also found the General Manager to be pretty unfriendly and a bit insulting. He did spent the entire time of the video interview typing away at his computer, not even pausing to look at me. He constantly said things like "So, is that all?" even when asking about my work experience and education.

Interview Questions

• - Describe your negotiation skills
      - Describe your product management skills
      - Describe the different challenges faced in independent vs. group travel
      - What do you know about Topdeck?
      - Describe your workflow style
      - Propose a new itinerary/product idea
      - Who are Topdeck's biggest competitors?   Answer Question

Trip Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiswick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Topdeck Travel (Chiswick, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

I received an email confirmation stating I was successful in my application process shortly after I applied. There were two interview sessions I could attend and prior to the interview I was asked to prepare a short presentation on a European event (they assigned the topic).

I was given the topic of 'Western Schism' and I did my best to prepare an engaging presentation that I knew would showcase my speaking skills. The whole point is to show you're comfortable speaking in front of a large group of people and that you can keep their attention while explaining historic facts.

The interview session was a group interview, mostly female, most in their low-mid 20s. There were two interviewers and it started off with them explaining the role before each person went up to present their topic.

We then went for lunch and came back for one-on-one interview sessions where they asked more in-depth and personal questions. On a side note, considering they expected you to spend a whole day at the interview session one would have thought they would cover the candidates' lunch. The entire interview session was about 6 hours long.

Interview Questions

• They gave a blank map of Europe and we were asked to fill in the countries. I probably should have done my geography homework.   Answer Question

Low pay, no tips (as this is an Australian company) and the pros just didn't seem to outweigh the cons. This position is good for those who really want to travel and maybe still living at home. This job isn't sustainable on a year-round basis.

Trip Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Topdeck Travel (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out a lengthy application form and received an email a week or so after inviting me to an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of presentations and group scenarios followed by a one-to-one interview in the afternoon. The afternoon interview lasted about 15 minutes with the recruitment manager and another member of staff. Questions during the afternoon interview were based on how you would react to certain situations with some fairly stupid questions thrown in. Lunch not included and no travel fees reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• If you were a fruit what would you be and why?   18 Answers
    • One of your clients gets ran over by a moped in Italy during a 4 hour walking tour, what steps do you take next?   Answer Question

Driver (Europe) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Topdeck Travel.

Interview

About 90 minutes of information given via a group session by two co-ordinators, followed by individual interviews. We began by introducing ourselves briefly around the table, then we were all given on overview of working for Topdeck and could ask any questions we had. After lunch we came back and had individual interviews with both co-ordinators

Trip Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Topdeck Travel (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

One of the main requirements for the interview was that it had to be face to face. The first part of the interview included an introduction about the company, a couple group exercises and a 5-minute individual presentation on a topic that was given before coming. The second part of the interview was a geography test and a one on one interview with three managers.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of situational questions, like what to do if someone is bored and is always complaining.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a standard offer for everyone in such position.