Toronto Hydro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toronto Hydro Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through university Co-op portal. Most questions are behavioral. Was interviewed by someone from HR and the division head of Finance Department. Very friendly and accommodating interviewers and there was 6 questions. All in all experience is very good. They took notes of all my answer and they make sure that I answered the question precisely.

Interview Questions

• These are the ones that I can remember:

Why did you apply to Toronto Hydro? And why did you choose the position?

Describe a time where you have a challenge with regards to workplace safety and how were you able to resolve it?

Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with another person due to personality difference, and how did you resolved it?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, in-person interview under a serious atmosphere; notes taking and voice recording, felt like interviewed by a judge (hiring manager) and a lawyer (HR personnel), questions were prepared and they read out the questions.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR representative, a phone interview and then an in person interview. There were two interviewers. The environment was friendly and there was no stress. However they were looking for specific answers to the questions.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Interview

The interview was done by HM and HR consultant. HR consultant had an interesting approach - military style. The problem - it is NOT for everyone, HR must be emotionally intelligent and unbiased. Absolutely unprofessional, rude, and disrespectful HR consultant. I am quite sure hiring manager would have preferred different approach/style to conduct the interview.
    In short - STAY AWAY if you contacted by HR consultant from Toronto Hydro, horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Seven behavior standard questions, however military style approach.   Answer Question

Public Relations Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very competitive and high number of applicants. After applying, an interview time was set approximately 2 weeks later. The interview followed 2-3 weeks following it being scheduled. There were 6 predetermined behavioural based questions and the interviewer took notes throughout. It was announced whether or not you got the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• Toronto Hydro values Health and Safety, what could you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied trough University and got the interview two weeks later. Three interviewers interviewed me together and asked me 6 questions, lasting for 40 minutes. A lot of behavioral questions and gave me the offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• Why safety is an important issue in workplace? Is it also important in office workplace?
      What do you know about Toronto Hydro?
      How to handle multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied through school and received a phone call to set up an interview time and place. Getting to the location was a huge hassle and time consuming. it took a subway ride, a streetcar ride, then a bus ride, its very out of the way. i recommend driving there if possible. HR and two others interviewed me. They read 6 questions from some sheets of paper that were pretty much pre made up and standard. overall they were very nice about everything.

Interview Questions

• How many buildings receive energy from toronto hydro? what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Technical Student Interview

Interview

the interview comes with one supervisor and one person from HR department. it contains mostly behavioural questions. some of them require you to recall your behaviour from formal experience and others are under hypothetical situations. overall, the interview is not hard and pretty straight forward. i think the most important part is that you and the supervisor hit off.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you have a tight deadline and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly long, about 45mins to an hours. Almost all behavioral questions, very few technical questions. There was an emphasis on skills that were listed on my resume and personal projects and how I could apply them to the position I applied for.
    Overall most of the behavioral question were related to team building and team management and organization. There were few technical questions, nothing on excel or macros and nothing on any programming language

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you went the extra mile for your team   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the co-op job portal at my school. After a few weeks, was contacted by the co-op office to go in to the Toronto Hydro office for an interview. Interviewers were well-prepared, they had went through my resume and were familiar with it. Whole application process was smooth and professional.