Toronto Hydro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toronto Hydro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the co-op job portal at my school. After a few weeks, was contacted by the co-op office to go in to the Toronto Hydro office for an interview. Interviewers were well-prepared, they had went through my resume and were familiar with it. Whole application process was smooth and professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview

+ Formal but not intimidating
    + Clear and fair questions
    + Place a lot of value in knowledge of company history and current projects
    + Offer within a few days of having gone for the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and an actual interview. the interview was easy. They wanted to know how you can work effectively in a team. if they didn't get the answer they need they would ask the same question in different format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

How important is the safety in a job?
      Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

- submitted resume
    - called in for on site interview
    - asked basic personality questions and about some projects that i did
    - no technical questions were asked and nothing about computer abilities

Negotiation

na

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career portal website. I received a call regarding the interview scheduling time a couple days later. Details about the interview conditions are as follows. The interview was in person, the interviewer was kind, and the interview lasted about 1 hour. I was asked quite a few behavorial questions during the interview.

Capital Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

got a short phone interview, asked some basic information, salary expectation etc. Got face interview information after 2-3 hours. the interview is intensive, total 7 questions, each question has several sub-questions.

Interview Questions

• why this role is a fit for you?
      is safety important?
      client services?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was very scripted with little to no willingness to go off script and have an advanced discussion. It would have been nice to be able to speak casually and get to know the manager, and vice-versa have them get to know me, instead of the "just answer the question" militant style interview that the consultant conducted. I could sense the manager also would have preferred a different, slightly more casual experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were situational but your answers were expected to be quick and concise, not broad-based.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student HRM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

short interview, just 45 minutes, several questions but the more they ask you the more they interest in you. dont be panic, be yourself.
    It is necessary to research information from the company before the interview, impress them by what you know.
    Microsoft Office skills is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, especially Excel, so make sure that you have some idea of Pivot table, Macro, bla bla bla. They will no go in detail about what you know, but at least dont be surprise when they mention about somethings in Excel.
    There are normally 2 persons and 7 problems, each problem can have 4-5 questions depend on how you answer when they raise the problem. So if you answer it perfectly, maybe they will not ask further questions.

The questions below are the main problems they asked me

Management and Administrative Co-op Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

all bh. But very detailed. there are 6 types and have three in each types. people there are nice. but high requirement. the compnay is hard to find
    really good experience.

Power Systems Event Management Co-op Interview

Application

Interview

Pretty straight forward, couple of behaviour questions, and interviewer was nice. Took 40 minutes of the interview and not too stressful as people said. They do need to ask for specific examples of what you say.