Trans States Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Trans States

1.9

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trans States (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went quite nicely. The interviewer was very nice and I felt Very comfortable. basic Star questions, such as why TSA? Name a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you resolved it. Took a basic easy test, the mechanical aptitude test.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trans States (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

After apply for few weeks i got Phone interview and after that i had to do f2f interview with one of the PC. the interview questions were pretty easy and straight forward.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trans States (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

I was fresh out of school and applied for this job. With in 3 hours of applying the recruiter called me and did a phone interview. After the phone interview a in person interview was set up. At the in person interview: The recruiter told me the history of the company and where they were at. Then I was taken to the hanger to interview with the base manager. I sat down and he explained to me the operation, asked me if I had any question. He then asked me to step out so he could talk to the recruiter. The recruiter came out and offered me a job I the spot

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations and I would make this place a last resort job

Airline Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trans States (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

They first meet with all of the candidates in a room and tell you a little bit about whats going to happen that day, also they tell you about the company. After that I took the ATP written exam and then later you go into a room with two people the ask mostly HR questions and about your logbook and then you go and finish paperwork. they called me 4 days after the interview to see if i would be able to start ground school.

Interview Questions

• when i interviewed they asked me a lot about previous employers and why I left. how long was my IOE trips and if I failed any check rides, and what happened that caused me to fail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trans States (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

there were about 5 interviews and a room full of potentials, we were all called to at least one of the senior staff, interview took about 5 mins and received a notification in the mail two weeks later

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the airline industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trans States (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Very great information about the airline and the staff was very nice. We arrived and they had a group of us give a brief description of ourselves and why do we want to be a flight attendant.

Interview Questions

• What is your inspiration and why do you feel you would be a good asset to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trans States (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later, I received an email inviting me to the next interview session along with the application attached. Fill this out prior to the session. When you arrive, you sign in and give the recruiters (who are senior flight attendants) your application. They will give you a name tag with a number on it. They have a slideshow presentation on the history and information about the company which lasted about 20-30 minutes. They also briefly go over some of the policies of the company. They explain that the company does a VERY thorough criminal background check. On the application, two of the questions are "Have you ever been arrested?" and "Have you ever been *convicted?" *Convicted - meaning when you were arrested, did you have to do community service, attend a class, pay a fine, etc. This is important to answer correctly because you will be asked to leave training if anything shows up on you background check that you haven't stated on the application. FBI background checks will show everything. Answering 'yes' to these questions does not bar you from moving forward. They give you one last chance to make any small changes to the application during the break. After the short 5 minute break, they have everyone introduce themselves to the group, state your experience, and why you applied to be a flight attendant with TSA. Everyone is then asked to leave the conference room while they narrow down the candidates. The session began with 20-30 people. When they reached their decision, they posted the list of number corresponding to each of us, if you had a "yes" next to your number you were invited back in to continue the session. If your number was left blank, you were dismissed immediately. However, they did mention that you could apply again in 6 months.

Myself and only 5 other people were invited back in to proceed, so they made some major cuts after introductions. They continued with the slideshow getting into the real nuts and bolts of the position (compensation, routes, benefits, more policies, schedules, training) and the lifestyle. It's definitely for a very specific type of person. A few key points: You start out on reserve meaning you will be on call a majority of your first few months. Seniority is how you earn the schedule bids that you want. They operate on smaller air crafts, so you have the responsibility of being the ONLY flight attendant. They ask if anyone has questions. The recruiters then take each candidate in for a short 5 minute one-on-one interview. I've seen online that some people have found out on the spot if they got the job. I was last of the 6 people to go in for the one-on-one interviews. I watch everyone go in and come out and nobody seemed very excited as if they were just offered the job. I did my interview on a Thursday and we were told we would find out before the weekend via email (along with a study guide for training)

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trans States in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very painless. They have you sign in , give you name tag and a number. Waited in a room of about 30 or so other applicants, the recruiters share some information about the company, take a break, come back and have everyone introduce themselves. Take another quick break , post a piece of paper on the door if you number has yes by it you stay and move on to the one on one interview if not you are asked to leave. If you make it to the one on one, recruiter shares more in detail information about the company such as benefits, pay and schedule ... Etc. you are then called out to interview one by one. Asked about 4 questions. Why you want to be a flight attendant, three characteristics of a flight attendant, how would you handle a disrespectful passenger, and what would does your support system think of you doing choosing this career?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trans States.

Interview

The whole process took about a month.
    1. Applied online
    2. Invited to group interview
    3. Selected for one on one (same day of group interview)

Heard back a few days for an invite to training.

The only advice I can give is to be yourself. The recruiting ladies were very sweet and most of all straight forward. Be calm, confident and most of all friendly, and you should be fine =)

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Trans States (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

I Applied Online ,and then i Received email to be invited to open house interview,,it was a group interview, and then 1 on 1,Training is 7 weeks ,you will be flying erj-145. 50 seat jet 2 pilots one flight attendant, hourly pay 17.50. bases in STL,IAD,ORD,DEN