Transwestern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.7

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transwestern (New York, NY).

Interview

They call you in for one day. They have three to four people interview you over the course of the day. The interviews are mostly conversational with limited direct questioning.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Transwestern (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Poorly executed with lack of interest from employer. Seemed to have already decided outcome before the interview was halfway over. Not very technical and judgey with regards to appearance and was not going to be useful in helping a career towards real estate

Property Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transwestern (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

met with property manager and sr property manager; very basic interview introduced to the history of the company expectations, benefits, leadership, moving up within the company and how they were such a family oriented and great place to work and be a part of a team

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transwestern (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

The whole interview process was standard. Submitted my resume on my university's career site. Spoke with the hiring manager over the phone and scheduled an in person interview. Came in for the in person interview and talked about my experiences. The only different thing is that they gave me an accounting test to see my skill level. After that I got an offer through email which had a deadline. Took a couple days to think about it and they unprofessionally told me that they decided to close the position. Instead they split up the job duties to their current employees. Worst part was that I put in my two week notice before they gave me this horrible news. The level of transparency they showed was unprofessional. The process they had of making a decision and not informing me was unprofessional. Most importantly the way they gave me a verbal offer and backed out before the deadline they gave me shows how unprofessional this company is.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience. How do you learn? How do you deal with challenges?   Answer Question

Transwestern Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Employee Relations Business Partner

Our apologies that this did not work out. Sometimes business needs require sudden shifts, and although extremely rare, it has happened that we've had to withdraw an offer. Best of luck in your job... More

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transwestern (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview was with Senior Manager who is no longer with the company. He took my skill set into consideration along with my experience. An out side of the box perspective in this manager is what got me the job. He took a chmave on me based on instinct and I made him proud for over 6 years.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 strengths and what are your 3 weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first time in a position like this. I was was just thrilled to be considered. I later discovered that they paid me less than the starting amount for that particular job.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Transwestern (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First had a screening phone call, then was invited to their Chicago office for the interviews. First interview was both HR contacts at the office for 20-30 minutes. Second interview immediately following was with 2 brokers in the office for 20-30 minutes. Last interview immediately following was with the President of the office for another 20-30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transwestern (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

To get the interview had to use a couple of personal connections. The actual interview was very laid back and simple due to the intern position (they don't expect you to know the ins and outs of commercial real estate).

Interview Questions

• All were about resume with a couple basic industry questions.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transwestern.

Interview

It was a fairly typical and genial interview. Process started with phone interview followed by a personal interview. Interviewer asked specific questions about prior job performance with relevant job requirements including budgeting, project management etc.. They explained specific challenges and skills needed for the position.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about experience with budgets, projects etc.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transwestern (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and non-traditional. It went quickly and I genuinely walked away feeling interested. Upon my 6 week employment span, I was very disappointed by the lack of training, communication, and general disregard for providing tools to succeed. Mind reading was definitely expected once hired. Buyer beware!

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Transwestern (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The Hiring Manager called me. He told me about the position and what he was looking for.
    A week later, I was given a phone interview. After that, I was flown down to Houston for an office interview and visit.
    I had two interview sessions with different managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated some relocation reimbursement.