Transylvania University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transylvania University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Transylvania University

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transylvania University.

Interview

It was a 4 hour interview where I met with several staff members. I met with small groups of them throughout the day and then I had to give a presentation to the whole office.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transylvania University (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was honestly not tough at all. The staff are super laid back, and it was a really quick and easy process. Just go in prepared and knowing what you are going to talk about. I really enjoyed how laid back everything was, however they do expect a sense of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What attributes could you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was some room for negotiation, but it was a pretty standard interview otherwise.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transylvania University (Lexington, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was three rounds of interviews. First with the GM and district Manager of Sodexo. The second interview was just with the GM. The third was essentially a tour of the facility followed by an offer.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transylvania University (Lexington, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process went well with nothing out of the normal. The interview began promptly in an office with some questions on the position and its role being put out, followed by a brief walk across campus to another office for a brief chat. I eventually met the small team that I would be working with, where we sat in a circle and had a casual conversation.

That aspect was fine. What was not great about the experience was the presentation. If I am expected to present a portfolio, a computer shown up to a projector or a television would be nice. In all cases prior to this, I've been expected to show a digital portfolio. Instead, I had to grab my iPad Mini and show them my sites and work in a not-so-great manner.

Additionally, I never received any communication after the interview. That's not standard procedure. I called Human Resources several times (up to 6 weeks after the interview), only to be told that it was still an ongoing process. It's now been two months with no word. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been in complex higher education learning environments?   Answer Question

Office Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transylvania University in April 2014.

Interview

A committee is formed and they ask a lot of varied questions. Not a bad experience and the people were great. Would like to have had a tour of the campus to know the size.

Interview Questions

• Asked about juggling and prioritizing job assignments. What would we learn about you in 6 months that we don't know now?   1 Answer