Tribune Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tribune Media Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.5

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

Phone interview was horrible.15 minutes late for the call, she sounded distracted and nercous, inexperienced (asked general questions) sounded like her first time. Did not follow-up. Got an email that the position was put on hold. Very unprofessional, a call would have been nice.

Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

I applied on Tribune's website, it was a few days later when I got an email for a phone interview. That lasted around 5-10 minutes and consisted of talking about my experience, asking them questions, and hearing more details about the job. Later that day, they sent me a writing test. The next week they asked for me to come into the station for an in-person interview. Met with 2 different people, one on one, and toured the building. They called me a few days later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the station's current digital presence? What things would you do differently?   Answer Question
    • How have you used social media for past jobs?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle pressure of writing news stories in an urgent matter?   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

Process took a couple months. Got an interview with chief Photog, Sent a follow up email a couple weeks later thanking him. Heard nothing until a month later he called and said a different part-time position opened and offered me that. Eventually after a 90 day probationary period I received a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a demo reel, be prepared to have one.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I really liked the people over at Tribune Media. The culture seemed amazing, the interviewers were very laid back, highly intelligent as well. The process is a bit unorganized, but that is to be expected given the relative "newness" of the firm's finance department. Cannot stress how chill the environment was. The process is almost entirely behavioral, and they focus in on your business acumen, and what you can bring to the table. Make sure you have concrete examples of what new ideas you can bring forth, or you will not get the job.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Quick. Informative. Exciting. Employees were personable. Office morale seemed great, lots of smiling faces. Had a phoner, one on one, met with four different people, about 15 min each. Great turnaround time as well.

Na Interview

Interview

It was a good interview process from beginning to end which included a phone interview, followed by two in person meetings. Difficult questions in the final stage and everything took two weeks. Thanks for a seamless process Tribune.

Janitor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

No interview. Hired without being seen. Phone call. Returned the call and started the following Monday. There is nothing else to say. The experience was a good one. So there.

Vice President TV Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One interview with direct boss, who was SVP. Did not go through HR department. This was a one-on-one, informal yet professional interview. I was prepared, knew their programming needs, and he was prepared and had done his due-diligence by checking my reputation with agents. Unfortunately, it turned out (after I got the job) that I had far more experience than my boss, and he seemed very threatened. I believe this interview was really more about how the two of us meshed than it was about my credentials, since I was fairly well known in the industry at that point.

Interview Questions

• Following the usual chit chat about my family and such, almost all subsequent questions surrounded my personal taste in TV programming.   Answer Question

News Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

Pretty easy, came in one time, toured the station and was offered the job a week later. Not much to show, all basic if you've ever worked at a station before.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

very easy....professional, upfront, no gimmicky questions. I met several different people , many from different departments who were seasoned and even a couple of people from departments that I really wouldnt be dealing with. But it was thorough....they want you on your game.