Tribune Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2018

2.5

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

After my application, I was immediately contacted by the hiring manager. Established a really great rapport right out of the gate, and looked forward to next steps. Unfortunately, the job posting did not mention a "local candidates only" disclaimer, or a mention that flying in for an interview would have to be an out of pocket expense. Bit of a miss there. An additional callout is that the duties for the position were quite experienced, but had a generic understated title attached to the role. Typical corporate HR labeling.

Flew out, and had a great onsite with the hiring manager and the team. Two weeks after that I was contacted and informed that the job responsibilities had changed, and had been filled with a more junior candidate. Very disappointing. Time is money on both sides of the hiring process, and it's frustrating to have such a drawn out experience regardless of the business reasons involved. While absolutely excited about the location, facilities, and role - I would be cautious pursuing a future opportunity.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

First they called out of the blue to get a feel of my interest and phone demeanor. Then they scheduled an in-person with two sales managers. They decided they liked me and had me meet the VP of the network who gave me a tour of the facilities and asked me a few questions and asked if I had any questions for her. Next step is a personality assessment which asks a number of personality questions and even some math and number pattern questions. After that they give you a scenario which you then are required to present to their team. After that they make their decision.

Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tribune Media (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was arranged through a recruiter. Met with hiring manager to discuss the role. Seemed to be looking for something different than what was listed in the job description. Overall good experience.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

Phone interview was horrible.15 minutes late for the call, she sounded distracted and nercous, inexperienced (asked general questions) sounded like her first time. Did not follow-up. Got an email that the position was put on hold. Very unprofessional, a call would have been nice.

Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

I applied on Tribune's website, it was a few days later when I got an email for a phone interview. That lasted around 5-10 minutes and consisted of talking about my experience, asking them questions, and hearing more details about the job. Later that day, they sent me a writing test. The next week they asked for me to come into the station for an in-person interview. Met with 2 different people, one on one, and toured the building. They called me a few days later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the station's current digital presence? What things would you do differently?   Answer Question
    • How have you used social media for past jobs?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle pressure of writing news stories in an urgent matter?   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

Process took a couple months. Got an interview with chief Photog, Sent a follow up email a couple weeks later thanking him. Heard nothing until a month later he called and said a different part-time position opened and offered me that. Eventually after a 90 day probationary period I received a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a demo reel, be prepared to have one.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I really liked the people over at Tribune Media. The culture seemed amazing, the interviewers were very laid back, highly intelligent as well. The process is a bit unorganized, but that is to be expected given the relative "newness" of the firm's finance department. Cannot stress how chill the environment was. The process is almost entirely behavioral, and they focus in on your business acumen, and what you can bring to the table. Make sure you have concrete examples of what new ideas you can bring forth, or you will not get the job.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Quick. Informative. Exciting. Employees were personable. Office morale seemed great, lots of smiling faces. Had a phoner, one on one, met with four different people, about 15 min each. Great turnaround time as well.

Na Interview

Interview

It was a good interview process from beginning to end which included a phone interview, followed by two in person meetings. Difficult questions in the final stage and everything took two weeks. Thanks for a seamless process Tribune.

Janitor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

No interview. Hired without being seen. Phone call. Returned the call and started the following Monday. There is nothing else to say. The experience was a good one. So there.