Tribune Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2018

2.5

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Sacramento, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was very easy: first, you meet with the managers to discuss your previous experience in the field. After that, you get a tour, then go through two tests: 1) a simple writing test (condensing 5 press releases into 20 second news stories in 20-25 minutes) and 2) pitching a story at the afternoon meeting. Employer was

Interview Questions

• "This role is for an associate producer, but they are often asked to produce newscasts. For example: AP Julie has been here for 18 months, and she'll be producing the 10pm tonight. Is that something you can see yourself doing."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Zero negotiation. Their offer was not up for negotiation.

Janitor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tribune Media.

Interview

No interview. Hired without being seen. Phone call. Returned the call and started the following Monday. There is nothing else to say. The experience was a good one. So there.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Quick. Informative. Exciting. Employees were personable. Office morale seemed great, lots of smiling faces. Had a phoner, one on one, met with four different people, about 15 min each. Great turnaround time as well.

Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone call to schedule, then met with hiring manager then was selected for 2nd interview with department manager. Not a lot of questions. Easy atmosphere. Backgrounds check and that's it the show up own designated start day.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Got an email from HR, followed by a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. HR then handed me over to the Technical Support manager who then communicated with me through email. Tech manager scheduled interview with me through email. Came in for the interview, parked in a garage nearby (since the interview was downtown). I waited at the front lobby for the manager to come and escort me to the office/interview site.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding command lines and structure of web servers/data structures. The interview specially for the IT division did NOT consist of general questions like "What are your strengths and weaknesses" but rather, straight to the technical aspects.

The manager did most of the talking regarding their company's background. One of the smoothest interview process that I have ever had.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

First they called out of the blue to get a feel of my interest and phone demeanor. Then they scheduled an in-person with two sales managers. They decided they liked me and had me meet the VP of the network who gave me a tour of the facilities and asked me a few questions and asked if I had any questions for her. Next step is a personality assessment which asks a number of personality questions and even some math and number pattern questions. After that they give you a scenario which you then are required to present to their team. After that they make their decision.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Hartford, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

First interview went well one on one with the recruiter, though was quite a lengthy list of questions to be answered. Second interview was more like an interrogation with four people sitting around in a circle and pouncing on you with follow up questions before you had a chance to finish answering the last question asked. Extremely hostile environment.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about salary requirements after they stated what the salary was going to be.   Answer Question

Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tribune Media (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was arranged through a recruiter. Met with hiring manager to discuss the role. Seemed to be looking for something different than what was listed in the job description. Overall good experience.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

very easy....professional, upfront, no gimmicky questions. I met several different people , many from different departments who were seasoned and even a couple of people from departments that I really wouldnt be dealing with. But it was thorough....they want you on your game.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tribune Media (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Good, fair. Reasonably quick responses. Meet with managers & team. Recruiter kept me in the loop. I think the department wanted to hire quickly so they didn't lose the open FTE.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about media and account penetration.   Answer Question