Trillium Family Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2016

2.9

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online, then there was a phone screening. Had an in person interview with supervisor. Follow up interview after that. Got the job offer by phone about a week or so later. Overall it was pretty quick for this type of job, which is good.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via phone after submitting application. I was still a month or two out from moving to Portland so they let me know while they loved my resume that they were looking to fill the position right away but if they didn't they would call me back. They were true to their word and I received a call a week before I moved to Portland. I met for a one on one interview with site director for a direct interview. One person and me in the room. 2 days later I met for an interview with the site director and the school principle. I was offered the job 2 days after that. The process was fine although a little quick. They were flexible about my start date which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your ethics were tested and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate salary. She promptly stated that this was what they were allowed to offer and this was the standard salary for every therapist, which was true.

Skills Trainer (Wake Robin School) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Salem, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied by email and was interviewed in the school a few days later. I was told that the interview would include some classroom observation. I was interviewed by two people, and though they seemed nice, I didn't get the vibe that they were happy to be doing what they were doing, or happy to be interviewing me. After the interview portion, I was given a brief tour, and sent to the classrooms for observation. I was surprised that the interviewers didn't stay to observe me, but I was observing the classroom dynamics. I heard back a little over one week later.

Skill Trainers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

They called me for an interview within the same day. A lot of questions about personal experience and situational responses. I was also allowed to ask as many questions as I wanted. I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• describe one time you were in crisis and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Residential Skills Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Corvallis, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview has three people interviewing you and then if you are asked back you have to four hour shift interacting with kids. The questions were interesting, I felt the best thing was to share a personal story to help. Also, when having four hour shift, make sure to ask the other staff members questions. This will help you in the long run. It will also be to help connect with others.

Skills Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Corvallis, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with interviewer for about 15 minutes and then did two shadow shifts at a couple different units as part of the interview process. Later talked to two supervisors about which unit i would like to work at and why. Was told that the one I wanted wasn't an option and was asked to revisit the unit I had turned down. After agreeing to work at that unit was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • Q: What's one talent you could share with the youth here?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Portland, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview with nursing director and assistant director. Interview took about one hour, I did most of the talking. talked about my background, my experience. they seemed to assess to what extent I knew what to expect working in residential care.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about ethics   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Corvallis, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application on line with my resume and I completed an assessment, treatment plan and diagnosis from a case study. Next, I was selected to move forward with a phone interview. After this I had a one on one interview with the supervisor and she shared the company expectations and how I would be trained. She then said I was a good fit, but she would have to present her findings to the hiring committee and check my references before she gave me an offer of employment. Later that evening I received a call and was given an offer of a yearly salary with benefits. I accepted and then went through a training program to become familiar with the documentation soft ware.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I used evidence based interventions.   1 Answer

Entry Level Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trillium Family Services (Corvallis, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview. Pretty laid-back process. The two interviewers were college aged team leaders, and it was all pretty comfortable. Allowed for time to ask questions about the job. Gave a quick tour of the facility. Also required to spend a shift shadowing a team member.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Trillium Family Services Therapist Interview Portland, OR What are your strengths / weaknesses?
Trillium Family Services Outpatient Child and Family Therapist/School Therapist Interview Portland, OR Tell me about a time where your ethics were tested and what did you do?
Trillium Family Services Skills Trainer (Wake Robin School) Interview Salem, OR Why do you want to work here?
Trillium Family Services Skill Trainers Interview Portland, OR describe one time you were in crisis and how did you resolve it.
Trillium Family Services Residential Skills Trainer Interview Corvallis, OR What experience can you bring?
Trillium Family Services Skills Trainer Interview Corvallis, OR Why do you want to work here?
Trillium Family Services Skills Trainer Interview Corvallis, OR What experience do you have?
Trillium Family Services Skills Trainer Interview Corvallis, OR Q: What's one talent you could share with the youth here?
Trillium Family Services RN Interview Portland, OR Many questions about ethics
Trillium Family Services Prevention Specialist Interview Corvallis, OR They asked me if I used evidence based interventions.
Trillium Family Services Entry Level Overnight Interview Corvallis, OR Why do you want to work here?