Trinity Mirror Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trinity Mirror Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Trinity Mirror website. Was in touch with a recruitment coordinator who sorted out my interview date and time. Interview was slightly off schedule but was asked a large number of questions including my best story and any ideas for the company.

I was offered the position which I took. Process took around 2-3 weeks including interview and waiting to hear back. Good experience and great communication.

Advertising Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was scouted by recruiters who found my CV online who then arranged an interview for me with Trinity Mirror within the next week. The interview was as expected, in that they asked typical questions. The people giving the interview were really friendly and down to earth which meant the interview process was much less nerve wracking. I would recommend applying for jobs with Trinity Mirror, as while I was not offered the job (was one of two finalists, but the other had more experience), they said they would keep me in mind for any others, and were genuinely friendly people who made the process very easy - at the end of the day I treated it as excellent interview practice.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the role?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment manager from Trinity Mirror to invite me to an interview the next week. I responded immediately, but he only got back to me on the Friday prior to the interview on the Monday to confirm time and location.
    The interviewers were lovely, and the interview was not too difficult, however they did not ask to see my passport/documents I was requested to bring with me, so I assumed that they were not interested.
    Similarly to other interviewees on here, I was told I would hear about the next stage by the start of the next week, yet have still heard nothing 3 weeks later. There is something to say here about the lack of consideration offered by the recruitment team. If nothing else, I expect at least a "Sorry, but you have been unsuccessful", yet for an interview I would expect a bit of feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent marketing campaign you have seen and why you thought it was effective.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (Liverpool, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Coming from a recruitment background myself I am always keen to see how other companies hold an interview process. I am a firm believer that an interview is a two-way process - the candidate also needs to ask questions and see if this role/ company is right for them!

I applied directly to the Recruitment Manager and we had soon arranged a suitable time for us to both speak initially over the phone. This was a relaxed call where we discussed my experience, what I am looking for in a new role, and what I would expect if I was successful (how the team currently works, daily challenges/ perks to the role) I was then invited in for a face to face interview with 2 managers, where they were flexible with meeting me after work in order for me to work this around my other role at the time. The interview (for me) was relaxed, we discussed my background again but in more detail, asked specific questions in regards to how I would tackle certain situations but nothing too formal.

This was followed by a second stage interview with the same managers where this stage was more of a recap to the first interview. Overall I thought the interview process was very smooth, and a good reflection of how the recruitment team is changing and progressing. I was quickly offered the position, and they were very accommodating for my start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with *this situation* and have you experienced something similar to your previous/ current role?   1 Answer
    • What am I looking for in a new position?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by talent acquisition 2 days later for a screening call. I was invited to a to face interview 2 days later for a meeting at very short notice. I was promised feedback for a possible next stage interview within the next 2 days but was never contacted. I later received a standard email from their website saying that I had not been selected for an interview as they received better cvs!!! Really poor recruitment process and poor practice.

Interview Questions

• Very generic competency-based questions and also very fluffy theoretical ones around Ulrich's partnering model. The interviewer was brand new to the company and had no idea on how media culture is - and had no experience in the industry so not sure how she ended up there.   Answer Question

Digital Journalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with two senior members of staff, followed by a second interview a week or so later with two different senior members of staff. Informal setting, set in the open plan office at a desk and chairs set back from the journalist desks. Friendly format, impersonal and opportunity to ask questions about the company. Flexible in organising interview late in the day to work around existing job commitments.

Interview Questions

• The kind of stories / people that did well for the online site, and why readers came to the Mirror over other media outlets.   1 Answer
    • Experience of live-blogging   1 Answer
    • Why the Mirror   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst & SQL Report Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (Liverpool, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Two stage interview. First stage with Team Manager and technical liaison. Talked through requirements of role, competency based questions on my experience. Discussions on approach to role inc scope and growth. Some questions regarding technical ability. Second stage with Department Manager and Recruiter. Included practical skills tests x2 on excel at intermediate level. More discussions around the team and departments place within the business and the culture of the team and company as a whole to get a feel for fit.

Interview Questions

• Q: If at 5pm on Friday you received a request from stakeholder for report etc how would you deal with this.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Three stage interview. First stage was a casual chat with the senior planner - talked through the role in more detail (what a week looks like in this position, how the team is growing and what they are looking for to support this, culture of the office etc.) and about my own experience and why it was a good fit for Trinity Mirror. For the second stage I was required to complete a task (with a 1 week deadline) - I was given a real commercial brief that Trinity Mirror had a few months ago, and had to create a 5 slide presentation showing my response and ideas. The final stage was going in to the London office to present this to 3 members of the team - the team director, senior planner and creative director. It was a really informal presentation where I got to talk through my process and creative ideas - didn't feel intimidating or as scary as you might think! I was offered the job there and then and was then taken to say quick introductions to the rest of the team.

Overall the interview experience was really thorough, friendly and efficient, which was really impressive for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• What advertising campaign have you seen recently that you really enjoyed? Why did you enjoy it? What do you think the audience insight/behaviour was that lead them to that creative decision?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Londo (Bolivia)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (Londo (Bolivia)).

Interview

First stage went well and had been invited back for second round . Lots of communication in the run up too so felt that things were progressing nicely and had good contact with HR.

After second & final stage I was advised that I would be contacted end of that week to let me know if I had been successful .

It has now been 10 days and I have heard nothing from Trinity , I'll assume I haven't been successful but it would be nice to know . I have emailed HR for feedback but no response so far .

Very disappointing !!!

Telesales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Mirror (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was bit all over the place, but I think that's because they were trying find the right role for me. Christine Guirguis who my point of contact was fantastic, I have rarely come across someone so standout as her. She a genuine empathy for me and wanted to place me in the right role. If all the internal team are like that then I am really impressed with Trinity. I have 4 interviews in total 3 on the phone and the roles were switched a few times what they wanted me for, One face to face and was offered the role.