Cover image for Tripadvisor

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Tripadvisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 781 of over 781 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (New York, NY) in Aug 2022

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews with TripAdvisor. The overall interview experience was very friendly and nice. The first interview was a phone screening with the recruiter. After I passed the phone screen, two hiring managers interviewed me to understand my professional experience and preference. They also shared lots of insights with me. The final round was a penal interview about my portfolio. We had lots of constructive discussions, and I learned a lot of valuable feedback from the team. Overall the whole interview process is very agile, professional, and enjoyable!

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in your next role?
    Answer Question

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in Jan 2023

Interview

Applied for the role and had a phone call. it was about behevioural and then had a coding interview the next week. the overall experience was good, since there was no OA.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Tripadvisor

Join the conversation on

Tech

644.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Tripadvisor~15276
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Tripadvisor? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tripadvisor employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

The most unprofessional of all the tech companies I’ve interviewed with. Recruiter was beyond rude the entire process, ghosted for 2 weeks at a time without notice, and when I reached out via linkedin to the LISTED hiring manager the recruiter threatened me to “only be in contact with her and not the HM” she was so rude and never responded to any of the follow up emails despite the HM saying I will be moving to next steps. I then reapplied 2 weeks later for a different team, I guess she forgot she interviewed me and when I set up time for us to meet via her link, she did not show up and never followed up to reschedule. She was the most rude, unprofessional, and incompetent recruiter I’ve ever experienced. Despite being a good company, TripAdvisor clearly needs a new HR. Don’t interview here for Product even if the Hiring Manager likes you!

Interview Questions
  • First round - basic experience Second round - basic experience + product execution question (design an transportation app) Third round - guess we’ll never know because the recruiter ghosted me twice! :-)
4 people found this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

The interview with the hiring manager was challenging and interesting. Well placed professional questions with open answers. Left me with the impression that the data science team knows what they are doing. All involvement with HR, on the other hand, was truly negative: Throughout the process I got late or no answers to my questions. The HR screen interview partner seemed disinterested and badly prepared. Invitations to the following steps took weeks instead of the few days announced. The hiring manger interview invitation mail held an interview description that was completely wrong (e.g. Please prepare for questions on "How to use and implement: arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues, trees, graphs, hash tables, and sets." - which was not even remotely part of the interview). Finally, I never received another message after the interview (which I presumably failed). Highly unprofessional and, frankly, unfriendly.

Interview Questions
  • A number of open questions on the position's challenges to reveal the candidate's knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Needham, MA)

Interview

Horrible process. They are very disorganized. It took forever to go through the process. The recruiter had to be reminded almost every day to do his job. The hiring manager was unclear about pay, the first red flag. Ultimately I was given an offer but the entire process took 7 weeks. Absurd!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Dublin, Dublin) in Dec 2022

Interview

1 30 min interview with an internal recruiter, followed by an hour interview with the hiring manager. In-between these interviews I was given a task to complete, which I presented in the 2nd interview. After the 2 interviews I was told by the recruiter that I would not be put forward in the process. I asked for some feedback but I was not given any.

Interview Questions
  • The usual questions about sales process and experience. The hiring manager was very keen on someone that worked fast and could handle objections - pretty basic stuff. I get the sense that my answers were considered too consultative in nature. I probably should have saturated my responses with cliches like 'go getter', 'gives 110%' and 'doesn't take no for an answer'.

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

1. applied on Linkedin 2. I got contacted by a recruiter and set my first technical/behavioral interview. 3. I passed my first interview, a mix of technical and behavioral questions 4. second technical/behavioral interview 5. final interview with an Engineering manager.

Interview Questions
  • 1. 2 sums and some follow-up questions 2. anagram or palindrome and some follow-up questions complexity must be of O(n)

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Generic and robotic. The recruiter was reading off questions from a script and I was not even asked about my real experience but instead things like "What is your greatest weakness?" I have many years of experience in this industry along with being able to bring in new business (that would be their direct ICP) that I have already established in my previous role, so it's most definitely their loss. I don't see this company valuing what employees could bring to the table as the questions were so generic and pointless.

1 person found this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Applied and reached out to by a recruiter. 30 min phone screen with recruiter, and then a 30 min video interview with one of the team members. Both said they wanted to move this to the next round and would be in touch to schedule it. Never heard back, ghosted. I reached out several times directly to the recruiter asking for clarification and they chose not to respond back. Ghosting candidates shows the little to no respect this company has for people. It takes 10 seconds to write a "thanks but no thanks" email. Unprofessional, disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel your background can support the position we are trying to fill?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Barcelona) in Nov 2022

Interview

Everything has been really quick and smooth. Human ressources booked my 2 interviews in 10 days and I have been able to speak already to 2 managers at tripadvisor. I will recommend to pass the interview process to anyone who would be interested in Tripadvisor.

Interview Questions
  • Why I was interested in Tripadvisor and why I should be the ideal candidate.

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Explanation of R&R, asking related experiences in detail. Manager was quite friendly and okay. It was meaningful experience. Not bad. Although I couldnt get off but good change to dive into this role

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 781 Interviews

Tripadvisor Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Tripadvisor as 50.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.94 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Tripadvisor takes an average of 19 days when considering 707 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Software Engineer Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 16 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Tripadvisor according to 707 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 35.57%

Tripadvisor logo

Affiliated Companies

Tripadvisor Careers

Cover image for Tripadvisor

We’re passionate about nurturing a space that’s inclusive, accessible, and empowering for everyone, on our platform and behind the scenes....More

• Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
  • Global impact

Company Updates

6 days ago

Community
We're celebrating Black History Month all year round by recognizing our Black community's contributions 365 days a year. With this in mind, we've launched a resource, where you'll find our best travel recs and stories all in one place- for Black History Month and beyond. Discover Black-owned spots to eat, stay, and shop, plus follow some of our favorite guides on their journeys around the world (itineraries included!).
Shared image - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Articles-lbCS8AmyX6EI-Black_travel.html
www.tripadvisor.com

21 days ago

Company News
To commence the 2023 travel and hospitality awards season, Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel guidance platform, has revealed its Travelers' Choice Best of the Best Destination Awards. Every year, Tripadvisor analyzes the millions of reviews submitted on its platform over the past 12-months by a global community of hundreds of millions of travelers to uncover the best guidance for everyone looking to make amazing memories on their next holiday or vacation. This year, the awards span six subcategories: Popular Destinations, Trending Destinations, Food Destinations, Best Places to Ski, Nature Destinations, and Best Places for Culture, highlighting great places to visit for all types of trips.
Shared image - Tripadvisor Travelers' Choice Destinations Award the Best of the Best Places to Travel in 2023
lnkd.in

Tripadvisor Photos

+ Add Photo
Tripadvisor photo of: Swag!
Tripadvisor photo of: HQ reception
Tripadvisor photo of: NYC office
Tripadvisor photo of: Trip HQ is very dog friendly. This is from the annual "Dogs of TripAdvisor" calendar photo shoot.
Tripadvisor photo of: Ribbon cutting ceremony in 2015 of the grand opening of the new headquarters
Tripadvisor photo of: Break Room