Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.4

Speculative Approach Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles.

Interview

Meeting with two members within the management structure.
    I found the whole process professional and fair. The interviewers allowed me sufficient time to present my case, and provided balanced and direct feedback at the end.
    The factory, brands and products are excellent, and it is fantastic to see a British, family owned, engineering based manufacturer doing so well.

Interview Questions

• Discussion on my previous work experience with focus on my specific achievements within each role.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Nuneaton, England (UK)).

Interview

Online test, which took a month for further information.
    First interview was with two very friendly chaps who asked some basic questions ab out previous experience, then presented a component and asked about the methods used to produce it.
    Was asked to wait to hear if I would proceed to the afternoon, after what seemed like quite a while, I eventually got asked to proceed to the afternoon session. Provided with lunch, although it did take an hour total before this happened. Then waited a further hour for a factory tour, given by a placement student, who couldn't answer many questions I asked. a further half hour waiting led to the afternoon interview.
    Here the environment felt slightly less friendly.
    Some questions about design and specification methodology, followed by forces question wrt motorbike chassis.

Interview Questions

• In the second interview, questions were asked regarding main design factors and forces, and how they are presented in chassis components.   Answer Question

Placement Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Online tests followed by assesment centre in hinckley. Received an offer for interview about 2 weeks after online tests and had 3 weeks to prepare. Assesment centre comprised of an IQ test, group exercise and technical interview. Managment said they would reimburse my travel but as of yet have not 1 month later.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe maufacturing process and forces on a piston   Answer Question

Graduate Powertrain Engineer Interview

Interview

After submitting a CV I was asked to so some online tests. After passing these I was Invited to an interview at the factory in Hinckley. The interview was technically focus, including questions about what a part is and how it was made etc. Overall a positive experience

Powertrain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did two interviews, both if which had a technical side to them. I was given an engine part and had to explain some of the physics behind it. Bending moment diagrams came up. They want you to be able to explain your thought process well.

In the second inteview I talked a lot about my projects- I would advise keeping this as technical as possible and preferably related to the automotive industry. Keep them in an area which you know well and they asked questions which tool you deeper an deeper into the technical engineering side of the problem

Engineering Student Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Nuneaton, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Sat in lobby meeting fellow students, before being let into a small meeting room.
    Introduced ourselves and from what university we come from.
    Started with a short puzzle based multiple choice test lasting 10-15 mins, basic not meant to complete in time, standard issue HR style.
    Given tour of factory.
    General chitchat with HR woman before engineering member arrives for group exercise.
    Team exercise to design layout of factory floor and parking design, followed by presentation on decision choice.
    Sat in dining hall, 2 members were sent home, lunch provided for 3 of us remaining.
    HR commented I had one of the highest scores they saw both for online and physical test and great group work.

Interview with Engineers given component to talk about, how its manufactured, how it works and engineering knowledge of it. Personal questions about hobbies and passion of triumph.
    Spoke with engineers for a while, interest in my projects and on Triumph motorbikes we love and a build id like to do at some point, over running past the set talking time. Left on a high.

Email saying I did not receive a week later, upon asking on feedback, "Due to not enough passion displayed about Triumph". Months later got contacted to reapply but refused.

Interview Questions

• What is this component, where is it located, how does it work and how is it manufactured? What are the loads on this component under differing operating circumstances.   Answer Question

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Cv and cover letter sent off to an external email. Asked to conduct 3 online tests which were maths, personality quiz and mechanical comprehension. Then invited to a assessment day at the factory in Hinckley factory tour followed by a traffic light test and group exercise. Interview with 2 senior members of the design team

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview day consisted of two interviews, separated by lunch and a quick (10-15min) tour of the factory floor. Each interview lasted an hour and involved two people.

The first interview was a more general interview, which asked some questions related to previous experience, as well as some technical questions. The second interview was more technical and involved questions ranging from d

Interview Questions

• Question related to design of a motorcycle chassis, they presented a part and asked a series of questions related to it, specifically, what was it's purpose, how was it manufactured, why was it manufactured that specific way? how else might it be produced. What was the purpose of specific features of the part etc.   Answer Question

Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer/Project Engineer (Powertrain): Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two engineers who currently work at Triumph. The first half of the interview involved reviewing my CV and the second half was a technical interview. This involved such questions as why I had applied to Triumph and questions about previous work experience. For the technical part of the interview I was handed a connecting rod and was asked a variety of questions on how it would be made, materials and where the forces would be highest. They definitely were looking for a candidate who had a wealth of knowledge and could integrate into the company with minimal training due their small size.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

2 sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. 4 interviewer in total. Generally laid back and interested in me.
    Unprofessional management before and after the interview by HR - it all was handled by a very junior employee so I guess that's why. It took a long time to get my reimboursement for my travel. Since I came from overseas I was expecting one or more phone calls before an actual meeting, but I had to fly there without ever speaking to anybody. The pre-interview tests (online) were very boring.

Interview Questions

• Guess all the design features and the technologies used to manufacture a part of one of their products.   Answer Question