Tronox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tronox Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Green River, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tronox (Green River, WY) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with 4 different people. Lasted about 4 hrs. Interview questions were well thought out and direct. Process can be long but I thought it was professionally done.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions and how I handled it in the past   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tronox.

Interview

First had an interview via school career day. Went well, typical behavioral questions. Next had an onsite interview. Meet with the team, had three interviews. One of them was a technical interview. Was not expecting this. Advice would be to make sure you talk through what you are doing and why-they want to know how you are thinking about the problems. Overall, very impressed with team and management.

Interview Questions

• Material and Energy balance stuff, thermodynamics, and Heat transfer subject material.   1 Answer

Senior SOX Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tronox (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

It was easy, more informational, not many questions were asked. I met with three members from the management team for almost three hours. The role and responsibilities were described as well as the reason the position was open, the goal of the new team to be created. Audit work papers were discuss and documentation was shown. Career opportunities, salary and team environment was discussed. There was also a phone interview with HR to discuss resume and why I was qualified for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Green River, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tronox (Green River, WY).

Interview

Formal format for questions, the standard type questions in front of a group. They were standard questions that seemed like HR had given them. It wasn't a terribly tough interview, they were just looking for honest answers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a major accomplishment   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and vacation.

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tronox (Hamilton, MS) in June 2014.

Interview

#1 Online Application and MDES Referred Me
    #2 Phone Interview
    #3 Panel Interview
    #4 Mill Tour(Same Day)
    #5 Phone Call w/ Offer( Same Day 5 hours later)
    #6 Drug Test & Physical Exam

If you have a job do not quit after interview because it will be a very long process and try to wait it out until you get the offer then your home free unless your on drugs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a flow system and tag in and tag out?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No was no need to negotiate this is one of two of the highest paying entry level jobs in the area so you are already making more than other companies after several pay raises and they also explain the easy process in the pay increase over time.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tronox.

Interview

phone interview and they never hit me back.

Material Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tronox.

Interview

The hiring process was very typical. I was contacted by the recruiter first who then forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. He immediately contacted me the next day and we briefly went over my resume and the company. In the next few days I was asked to come onsite for an interview.
    The interview consisted of me meeting with almost 5-6 managers with whom I discussed my resume and projects in detail. It was a little tiring to repeat the exact same things over and over. There were a lot of detailed questions on the projects. I also had an onsite Excel test, it was fairly simple. Overall the interview was just like a regular one, with nothing too difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tronox.

Interview

There was a phone interview at first, and then was invited to the plant where there was a panel interview with several of the process engineers and the team leader. Everyone was kind, except for the plant manager but after that bit the whole process was very relaxing. They were simply searching for a long-term employee who was capable and willing to start a family with the company.

Interview Questions

• The question that caught me off guard concerned the amount of time I was willing to work there. I was asked by a person who had 17 years working there, so I had to pause because I had not really thought that far into the future yet. I should have had an immediate answer ready, but unfortunately paused too long.   Answer Question