Tufts University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tufts University

2.4

Sort:

Staff Psychologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tufts University.

Interview

Very thorough and detailed interview process with multiple staff and upper management. Required to demonstrate broad-based knowledge of psychology, standards of treatment, and issues related to higher education and college life.

Interview Questions

• Clinical: dealing with an emergent situation that is clinically ambiguous regarding student risk.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward with some room to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts University.

Interview

I've had two different positions within this company and each time there was a long lag time between submitting my resume and being contacted for an interview; but once I was interviewed the offers were swift. I was interviewed by someone from human resources and then the primary investigator. The person from human resources was great and the interview process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that the salary was non-negotiable, so I didn't try to negotiate (silly me!).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts University (New York, NY).

Interview

Most of the initial contact was made through HR. I met once with an HR business partner then with the hiring manager. Both were very cordial, warm and friendly.

Interview Questions

• My experience in the particular area of higher ed financial analytics was the main topic of conversation. Some detailed processes were discussed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There was almost no interview. They are very open to enthusiastic students. They did great work all summer and have a very fun and open work environment. Interns also have 10% time on friday afternoons.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tufts University.

Interview

People were very nice, no difficult/unexpected questions

Senior Technical Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tufts University (Medford, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Exhaustive. 2 days, 4 hours each. Large room. Behaviorial interviews where people not related to your job tried to figure out who you were...without smiling. Very smug. There was also a full-on presentation with addendees to see how you perform with a classroom with varying questions and abilities. I came prepared with my own material, equipment and script.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to professors who think they know everything but don't and need help with technology   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tufts University (Boston, MA) in May 2008.

Interview

Very rigorous; I met with HR and three potential supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an issue with a coworker and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was so grateful and surprised to be offered the position; I wish I had negotiated but I did not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tufts University (Medford, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

HR called to schedule an interview soon after I applied online. 1 hour interview with HR went fine, no questions you wouldn't expect. Interview with hiring manager same day went ok, but chemistry wasn't perfect and when I asked what they liked about their job they said the benefits. Everyone I interacted with was nice though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want this job specifically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts University (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and didn't ask any unsuspecting questions. It took about a week for her to get back with me after the initial phone interview. I am still waiting for a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goal?
      What was attracted you to this position?   Answer Question

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tufts University (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

I found the people to be incredibly friendly and helpful. A guy from HR contacted me to schedule an interview, and made me feel really relaxed and comfortable (I'm usually much more nervous). I thought the interview with the PI also went well, he was really approachable and you could tell he cared about his research.

Interview Questions

• The PI asked me what I could bring to the table beyond my laboratory experience, which I hadn't given much thought to beforehand.   1 Answer