Tulsa Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.4

Math & Science Lab Assistant Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College (Tulsa, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 45 minutes. I was asked to explain how to solve algebra type problems. Overall it was an easy interview, basically I was asked if I could work with people and not become frustrated.

Interview Questions

• Show how to take a percent of a decimal, then show how to take a percent and turn it back into a decimal.   1 Answer

Office Support Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College (Tulsa, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, easy going, and to the point. Laid everything out for me, which was nice given that I did the same for them. Joked around a little, but managed to stay on track! Asked about 12 questions that related to the job requirements and then asked if I had any questions, which is always a plus. I had 3 interviews, but it was not a group interview, it was more of just three people to help ask questions!

Interview Questions

• Mostly dealt with how one handles simple situations such as; What do you do when there's a paper jam? How do you go about checking someones computer when there is such and such problem? What would you do given this situation/scenario? Also questions such a tell about a time that you dealt with this or that, and or, this or that type of person.   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

This varies, depending on the department. Certain teaching positions require a Bachelor's Degree while others require a Master's Degree in the specialty area. Other positions require that the instructor have at least 18 graduate credit hours in the area taught. Teaching experience is preferred. Expertise in the specialty area should be evident during the hiring and interview process. Cover Letter, Resume', Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, Cirriculum Vitae, Philosophy of Teaching should be submitted.

Interview Questions

• Explain your Philosophy of teaching.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a set pay rate and I accepted.

Academic Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Interviewed by director.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College (Tulsa, OK) in November 2009.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview. They went over my resume and had questions about my experiences relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. TCC has a predetermined rate of pay for adjunct instructors.

Computer Product Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College (Tulsa, OK) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview is based on organization's crisis needs basis. This means they only hire people when it becomes a crisis management situation in Client Services. So, this will put you at an advantage if you have gotten this far. Anyway, it consists of an interview with supervisor and 1 or 2 others in Client Services in a one half hour chat, asking technical competency questions, background questions, and integrity questions.
     They will compare your level of expertise to others interviewed and make their determinations. If you are chosen, they will notify you in a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Various technical questions to measure your ability to solve problems competently and efficiently. You never know exactly what they will ask along these lines.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a state run institution, meaning that if they offer the job to you, it is a take it or leave it offer. The exception to this are jobs for higher level management admin positions.

Labor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College in July 2009.

Interview

You first apply online and then you are called in for an interview. If all goes well you will be hired anywhere between a week and four months depending on whether or not HR decides to fight with the supervisor hiring. The supervisor will submit the paperwork and requested pay and HR will often lower the pay.

Negotiation

They told me they could not negotiate.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tulsa Community College (Tulsa, OK) in April 2009.

Interview

5 commitee members during first interview. 6 during second interview. Typical interview questions during both interviews. Work culture is great, and the people are really nice, and easy to talk to. Overall the experience was very positive.
    Presentation required, no specific guidelines or format, so I had to kind of wing it.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what part of the tree would you be?   1 Answer

Other opportunities