U.S. Food and Drug Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at U.S. Food and Drug Administration

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Rockville, MD) in March 2009.

Interview

Initial contact through phone interview. Standard interview by a panel. Did not try the good cop/bad cop but wanted to know more about background and prior experience. Seemed very genuine in presenting what they do. Needed an engineering background but made it clear that they will train whomever they choose.

Interview Questions

• Question about your background   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from team leader a couple of weeks later. Scheduled a phone interview, which they asked several tricky questions about leadership and project building. After a couple of weeks, I was invited to visit on site. I went to DC area for presentation, as well as interviews with each member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was comfortable using certain types of statistical programs   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

Lots of paperwork initially; too much detail required. Some interviewers were prepared with good questions, other woefully lacking; technical interviewers seemed bored. Based on the people I met, I was not impressed with the culture, expectations and the roles of the individuals who would be in 'my' organization.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that public employees at the federal, state or local level are getting undeserved negative publicity?   2 Answers

See above comments about indivduals and culture.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I sent in my application and received an email within a few hours about wanting to bring me in for an on-site interview. It has been almost three weeks and still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and experiences.   5 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration in December 2017.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter about possible internship opportunities. After about a month, she emailed me back and scheduled a phone interview where we discussed the projects they had. The interview was fairly average, and I was given an offer about a week after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Bethesda, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Asked about chemistry and biology classes taken, asked about my commitment to science and what the position would mean to be, asked some technical questions about biochemistry and organic chemistry which i couldn't answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just the expectations of your lab boss

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Interview

The process was relatively quick and fast. I called a couple scientists, expressed interest in their projects, and my resume was circulated around. After a week, I received a phone call for an on campus interview, and then a week later was told I received the job. I had an orientation after that, and proceeded in working the next wek.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Interview

I applied online after they posted on a carriers site through my school. I had a large amount of research experience and they were looking for a GPA of around 3.4 or higher. I had a phone interview with my most direct boss followed by an in person interview that included the other members of the lab I was to work in.
    Following being offered the position I had a lot of paperwork and hoops to jump through to ensure my authenticity as well as get me in the system.

Interview Questions

• My position changes over time from full-time over the summer, to part time over the full duration of the school year. Finding the necessary 12 hours of useful work was difficult for a full time student but worth it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My salary (stipend) was based on how much past research experience I had (that's how the federal government does it everywhere in the US).

Anonymous Employee in White Oak, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (White Oak, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

E-mailed cover letter and resume after seeing a posting through my school, and a few months later received an e-mail that they would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about a hour long, and there was three different people on the phone. They were very friendly and nice, although the questions they asked were quite difficult. I e-mailed them the next day to say thank-you, and found out I had gotten the position in the reply e-mail.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview was scheduled via email and phone. Finalized via phone interview. Talked about engineering classes, relation to project, material/mechanical properties. Very nice and courteous. Talk about your passions and why they relate to the project and you'll be fine. Salary was open for discussion. Lengthy governmental background check but well worth the effort due to pay.