U.S. PIRG Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 50 of over 50 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. PIRG

U.S. PIRG

Application

I interviewed at U.S. PIRG

Interview

The interviewer was very professional and talkative. They were able to answer any questions I had about the company in general. However, I interviewed with another fellow for a fellow position, and on top of that they were a fellow at a partner organization that falls under the US PIRG umbrella. Basically, they were helpful in answering questions I had about PIRG but not the specific position.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about a time where I had to change someones mind.
    1 Answer

U.S. PIRG

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG

Interview

Had an initial interview that was relatively straight forward. Asked standard questions, except did ask me to discuss how I would run a campaign and educate people on a certain topic. Next, received a request to fill out a questionnaire screen that had to be returned within 24 hours. After that, a final interview that was a little more intense, but still not bad.

Interview Questions
  • -How would you run a campaign? How would you try to convince someone of your position? -What would your ideal world look like in 50 years? -Time you handled conflict

U.S. PIRG

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG

Interview

Long process that took over 2 months, first interview after a week and the next one was scheduled for over a month later. Very low salary offered for the amount of time/work expected

Interview Questions
  • What is one issue facing the U.S. you believe to be most pressing?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG (Boston, MA) in May 2020

Interview

written interview had thought provoking questions, like trying to see your opposing political party's stance through a positive light, and analyzing whether policy change should happen fast or justly. They also asked you to review a news article on an issue you find interesting and advocate your position on it.

Interview Questions
  • Try to see your opposing political party's stance through a positive light, and write one thing on their platform you think has merit.

U.S. PIRG

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG

Interview

The first step is to submit your online application, they then send you a questionnaire with additional questions/essays (stuff about where you see yourself in 15 years, your educational aspirations, etc). Then there is a quick 30 minute or so phone interview. Then there is a second interview (this is the one I'm writing about). The second interview is an hour long, though about half of it is the interviewer telling you about PIRG's values and mission. The other half is traditional situational questions. I actually haven't heard back yet, so I've selected the button saying I didn't get an offer, but I don't know,

Interview Questions
  • What is your vision of an ideal world?
  • Tell us about a time you worked to make a change on your college campus or community for the better.

U.S. PIRG

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG

Interview

The process began with a series of essays. The first interview, over the phone, was lovely. The interviewer asked me about my background and my stance on some policy issues. The second interview, in person, was okay. After about 5 weeks, I was finally offered the position over the phone — at nearly half my stated minimum salary requirement. I had been told at the first interview that they might not be able to meet my salary requirement, but that it would be close. I expressed my concern with this when offered the job, and the person (who was the second, in person, interviewer) basically explained it by devaluing my background and experience (I had over ten years work experience and nearly my PhD). I knew I wouldn’t accept the offer at that salary, so I was trying to find a way to make the offer acceptable. I asked if people tend to move from USPIRG to other sectors, and that I eventually wanted to be in government. He said yes, and explained that USPIRG employees do create connections with regulatory agencies. I asked if I could have a couple of days to consider the offer, and he said yes. I knew I still wouldn’t accept, but wanted to take a moment to discuss with my husband. After the phone call, I went to a yoga class and after I returned home, he called again. He asked if I got his message and seemed angry. I said, “No, I’m sorry. My phone shows that I don’t have any messages.” He said, “Ok, I guess that happens.” He then proceeded to tell me they were rescinding their offer. I said, “Ok, may I ask why?” Apparently, they want a 5-6 year commitment (?!), even though the job announcement states a 2-year desired commitment, and that they felt I would not stay 5-6 years. He still seemed angry, as if me wanting to eventually advance in my career was some terrible thing to do. Just awful. Offering half the minimum salary requirement, demeaning me, and then angrily rescinding the horrid offer. Very unprofessional. I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is the biggest policy challenge facing the US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG (Boston, MA)

Interview

I applied for a different position, then was redirected to Campus Organizer after my first interview. The process was very disorganized and took several months. They got back to me a week later than they had promised, just days before the start date. When the rejection email asked me to interview for a different position I finally realized they were just shuffling me around to different departments and I ended the process. Overall I just had a very negative impression of the organization.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

U.S. PIRG

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG

Interview

The interview process went as smoothly as I could have hoped for. I submitted my cover letter, resume, and questionnaire online, and after about two weeks, was asked to schedule a phone interview. After another week, I was contacted to sign up for a day-long, group interview, and was offered a position a week after the group interview. Everyone was super friendly and organized, which made the whole process much easier!

Interview Questions
  • What is one public issue that you care about? How would you begin to solve it?

U.S. PIRG

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG

Interview

I was interviewed by two people from U.S. PIRG. The first interview was really relaxed. It was a phone interview where they told me about the organization and the position. However, it was made clear at the interview that I would not be offered my desired compensation level. This was a bit disappointing to me. The second interview was a Skype interview. It was a little hostile. The interviewer asked me the same question multiple times. They kept asking why I wanted to work their and did not like my answer to the question. At one point, the interviewer rolled their eyes at me. Overall, I felt the experience was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. PIRG (Philadelphia, PA) in Mar 2019

Interview

Two remote interviews which went quite well, then I took a train from Boston to Philly just to have some uninterested dude ask me basic questions for 30 min. before never contacting me again.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a senator who had been supporting our position on a bill, flipped stances right before a vote?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Interviews