U.S. Soccer Federation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Soccer Federation

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Soccer Federation (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

I was pumped to hear back form USSF. It would be a dream to work for USSF. Recruiter called me back only a few days after I applied and I had an great conversation with her. She did a great job at getting to know me and assessing if I was a good fit for the organization. I think she could tell I was passionate about US Soccer and was one who would always do the right thing and passed me onto the hiring manager.

I spoke to the hiring manager a few days after and could tell he was a very smart talented young man. I could also tell he was kinda shaky and had something to prove as he took things very personal for some reason. I mean there's healthy banter in sports but this is an interview and although it would be a dream job, I'm not sure I would have taken it as it just wasn't the leadership I was looking for or rather the leadership wasn't there, otherwise what do you need to prove? In the end I didn't get the job however I was dead on and glad I did not get the job due to the recent reviews as others have also described it as a dream job but nightmare organization.

Interview Questions

• Whats going on currently with the Mens and Womens National Teams?   Answer Question

Soccer Referee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Soccer Federation (Concord, NH) in August 2018.

Interview

first you must recieve training via an online course. Once you have done that you have an actual classroom session and a field session which you must both pass to become a referee.

Interview Questions

• Have you passed your referee course, and if so what is your USSF ID?   1 Answer

Grade 8 Referee Interview

Interview

Take a class in your local area, pass it and then receive your badge. Get in contact with local assignors to get started with games in the area. A uniform is to be purchased by yourself and isnt terribly pricey/

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Soccer Federation.

Interview

My interview process for the position I got was fairly quick. I had already established a relationship with HR at the time. So it was a call with HR, a few days later a call with the hiring manager and then 2 days later an offer letter. There is usually a VERY quick turn around once they offer a position to when they want you in the office. It's a little unrealistic at times, but everyone seems to jump when they ask. I've also had co-workers that it was a 6 month process as well so you just never really know.

Interview Questions

• They really try to get a chance to know your personality. Having an answer for your favorite book, song, movie isn't a bad thing to have in your back pocket just in case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest with you expectations, but also realize that this is a non profit technically so you won't be rolling in the money unless you are in a Director position or higher and those guys typically are lifers so don't expect to be taking their position any time soon.

Soccer Referee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Soccer Federation.

Interview

This shows a little bit how glassdoor is a bit out of synch with reality, since there's no "Interview" to become a soccer referee, but rather an entry-level clinic followed by a pretty comprehensive certification test about the Laws of the Game from the USSF. basically this is all handled through your local Soccer Referee Association for the geography you live in. Frequently an area is covered by several different SRAs.

Interview Questions

• The entire certification test is pretty difficult the first time, and requires some good studying.   Answer Question

ESTÁGIO Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Soccer Federation.

Interview

It was a very slow process. There was a phone interview and many extensive emails. There was a lot of communication. An in person interview usually always happens.