U.S. Steel Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Steel Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Steel Canada

2.8

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada.

Interview

Got a call from a Recruiter had a phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Had 2nd interview on the phone with hiring manager.Waiting on the on site interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada in May 2008.

Interview

Long Process.

1st Interview, competency questions from the division manager. Discussion of passed experience. I did a project for their competitor, so i brought that up in the interview, show the manager some technical they use.

Interview Questions

• What was your role when you did the ASIS for the HOT MILL?   1 Answer

Negotiation

U.S Steel Canada's offer is not the highest one compared to other big company. But it is not bad, it is for sure amazing for new grads.

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanticoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada (Nanticoke, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

One interview,

Negotiation

Non negotionable

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had 1:1 phone interview. Asked to come down to Hamilton after rescheduling the interview once. What kinda annoyed me was that I was the first one to go and I had reached Hamilton from a far away town at 9:00 am interview; however, one of the interviewers wasn't even present. After I found that out, I knew my chances were pretty much off. The other 2 interviewers were really nice and kept smiling and nodding throughout the interview. I thought the interview went pretty well and they said they'll get back to me in 3 weeks. However in 2 business days, I got an email saying that they won't be moving my application further. Called to ask for feedback, all they said was they found someone much qualified for the position

Interview Questions

• All situation questions + Questions about technical knowledge such as familiar programs etc.   Answer Question

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

panel interview, 1 HR, 4 guys from different departments, very organised. They ask questions one by one and take notes. Questions are about your experience, education, skill set, safety, mind set.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada.

Interview

Was a pretty standard interview. Asked about parts of the resume. Asked about some regular soft skills stuff like what are your biggest weaknesses and strengths, tell me about yourself, etc. Anything you can find on google for a regular job interview was there. They did not ask anything technical.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview, be well prepared.

Interview Questions

• what are your leadership qualities?   1 Answer

Utility Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada.

Interview

I had met the manager at a college course and emailed him my resume, which he passed on to the higher ups. Was called by HR a couple months later and booked for an in-person interview. No phone interview. Interviewed by upper management and HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to adapt to a change in a process. How did you manage it, what steps did you take, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Finish an assessment first, if pass, you will be called to confirm a date/time for interview. Interview was held in Lake Erie Works.

5 interviewers in total.

If you pass the interview, an back ground check and physical exam will be scheduled.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Steel Canada in January 2008.

Interview

received an email asking me to interview
    interviewed my two engineers
    asked about my education and group projects and involvement as a team player( cant remember specifics)
    the interview was in an office building at the plant

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation