Cover image for UKG

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

UKG Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,133 of over 1.1K interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UKG (Boston, MA) in Oct 2022

Interview

2 part video interview. One with director of the space I was interviewing for and one with a principal engineer. I was extremely nervous but they were incredibly nice. The first person interviewing told me he interviews all the time and he’s not going to “pass / fail” but he would give feedback regardless of if I moved on and I respect and appreciate that. Some technical questions specific to the job description and some questions about past experience.

Interview Questions
  • The job description is the best “study guide”
    1 Answer

UKG

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UKG

Interview

Very quick and comprehensive phone screening before another quick and comprehensive second interview via video call. Interviewer was super clear about what they are looking for. I liked the fact that the second interview felt more conversational which is how interviews should be!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about UKG

Join the conversation on

Consulting

7m

works at

UKG

I don’t know how y’all feel about solution consulting in this bowl but I just wanted to give props to my company UKG real quick. Last week they sent out an email reminding us that they’ve been covering travel for medical or reproductive services for years, long before it became a hot button issue. Feels like it’s been important to them for a long time because it’s the right thing to do and not just because everyone else is offering it lately.

Tech

635.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=UKG~7900
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about UKG? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UKG employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

UKG

Application

I interviewed at UKG

Interview

Applied through school cooperative education posting, which was seeking 4 interns. Started off with HR style questions, then moved to engineer with technical questions. The whole interview took around one hour.

Interview Questions
  • The technical question was 2sum/3sum. Interviewer asked to explain answer from naive approach to optimized solution plus variations.

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UKG (Weston, FL) in Jan 2023

Interview

A smooth, online interview process. It was broken down into two rounds: behavioral and technical. Most of the questions were resume-based. Interviewers were more interested in learning about your experiences.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about a team-based project you worked on. 2. What was your favorite college course, and why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UKG (Alpharetta, GA) in Jan 2023

Interview

Once you submit the application , the initial screening is is with the human resource people and once you get cleared , there will be a schedule for the video interview n with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UKG (Indianapolis, IN)

Interview

3 interviews and the process was straight forward. The whole process took about 2 weeks from start to finish. Everyone was professional and took the time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions
  • Who are you and what are you doing now? Tell me a time when you didn’t get along with someone and how did you manage that?

UKG

Application

I interviewed at UKG

Interview

After the pre-screen, the hr rep said mentioned that the hiring managers were out of the office for the week, but, I’d hear back from them once they returned the following week. Perhaps this was a just kind thing to say, but, I never heard back.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

UKG

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UKG in Dec 2022

Interview

It took 3 weeks to receive an invitation for a phone screen. Wait another 2 weeks for the next available phone screen and the interviewer seemed uninterested. I did not want to proceed with the process.

Interview Questions
  • Are you eligible to work in the United States? Name a time you used effective project management. Tell me about yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UKG (Boston, MA) in Dec 2022

Interview

The interview process was well run and smooth. Everyone was very friendly and made the process a pleasant one. They really let you do a lot of the talking and allow you ample time to highlight your experience and attributes.

Interview Questions
  • Tells me about your work experience and personally. Make sure to have done your homework on the company and have some solid questions for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montevideo

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UKG (Montevideo) in Dec 2022

Interview

1. Interview with external recruiting agency. 2. Interview with HR from UKG. Probably the worst interview that I've ever had. The recruiter didn't bother to turn on her camera and asked questions about my last job, which I had already stated that wasn't related to what they were looking for. She didn't let me speak a lot, it was basically her talking nonstop. She didn't write back directly, but the external agency told me that she thought that I wasn't qualified enough for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UKG (Noida) in Dec 2022

Interview

The interview kickstarted with a virtual discussion followed by 3 rounds of in person discussion at the Noida office . The discussions were quite detailed around projects with multiple stakeholders for each discussion.

Interview Questions
  • The interview process was a pannel of 4 members and took place for 3 hours. The process took place in early dec and the recruiter stated that it's an urgent priority position. However after investing almost 4-5 hours and going through rounds of discussion the recruiter stopped updating on the status. After numerous follow ups, the recruiter said that the position needs another round of discussion which will happen in Feb . It's quite disappointing to experience such a process as a candidate with experience. The entire process involves time investment and the least that a company should follow is updating the candidate on time and not to persuade them if the business is not clear about hiring.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,133 Interviews

UKG Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at UKG as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Success Specialist and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at UKG takes an average of 22 days when considering 953 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Success Specialist had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas Software Engineer(Internship) roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 27 days).

Common stages of the interview process at UKG according to 953 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.61%