UMBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UMBC

2.3

Audio Visual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Catonsville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former employee and had a lot of experience in the field who was a part-time employee and a student of UMBC. He referred me for his role at the job since he was graduating and knew that I needed a job at the time and was a good fit for the role and the team.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working/fixing an issue in front of a crowd?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMBC in May 2016.

Interview

Meet with different lecturers in the department
    present a lecture on a pre-selected topic to other lecturers, professors and some students Lecture last 15 to 30 minutes using powerpoint, white board, and/or chalkboard.
    Tour the school
    meet with the chair of the department and discuss your approach to teaching

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to teaching?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMBC.

Interview

I contacted the professor directly though email and we set up a 1-on-1 interview. He asked about my past research experience as it related to his projects. He introduced me to the projects he was currently working on. At the time, one of his graduate students was working on a process which I had previously worked on in a previous research experience. The professor asked me to write an essay about the importance of water pollution and water treatment.

Interview Questions

• How extensive is your experience with solid phase extraction?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC in January 2011.

Interview

Met through a professional association meeting, presented at several functions and was offered the opportunity to join the faculty. Interview was informal. Application and evidence of background in research, writing, and teaching were based on actual examples, reference checks, and transcripts. Other faculty met with me informally as my background and theirs were similar and they wanted to learn more about my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salaries are based on formula tied to State of Maryland academic appointments.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviews made it easy and helped me to be relaxed, the interview was like I was speaking to the panel like they was family or friends. I really don't know what else to say to this. The overall experience was relaxing

Interview Questions

• what did you like about you last employment   1 Answer

Negotiation

the overall experience of the interview was very relaxing

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got selected for interview immediately. I did setup interview time and appeared. Employer asked me few basic question regarding technical skills and how to implement to solve real world problem.

Interview Questions

• What will you ask student if he/she did not get print correctly from library ?   Answer Question

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening followed by technical interview and than final face to face typical interview process first they will ask you to tell something about yourself than how long you can work if we hire you

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

RA is supported by the advisor. So choose advisor wisely. Talk with his/her previous students. Usually advisors focus on their own publications. You do not want to choose who does not want to help the student.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMBC in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for an hour with the head of the Department. They asked me about my prior teaching experience and found that I was a good fit from there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome challenges in the workplace.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UMBC (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very simple. Basically the department made decisions of admission after reviewing the available applications. after several months, I received an email saying I'm admitted. Then, I had a quick phone call with my potential adviser.