UMBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMBC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.3

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

Overall, it was brief and to-the-point. They mostly wanted to make sure the potential candidate was reliable and would deliver the designs on time. The interviewer was nice, and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What are my greatest strengths? What is your prior experience? Would you be able to deliver products on time with an additional student schedule? How are you working in an office environment? Can you take photos of events?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMBC.

Interview

two phone interviews, followed by on-site interview with a powerpoint presentation of previous graduate work. About a 30 minute presentation followed by open questions with about 30 people in the audience including all principal investigators. The questions varied from the content of my presentation to questions on how I believe my expertise may be applicable to the proposed project.

Interview Questions

• fairly typical for getting to know what my knowledge base is and how it may fulfill the research needs of the lab   1 Answer

Interview

The interview was brief and to-the-point. There are always high-turnovers, like any English department, and they needed another English professor. As long as you talk about your teaching style, and give examples of assignments, you should be OK.

Lecturer Interview

Interview

Application was submitted online. Several emails were done to understand the scope or work and experience and education preference in terms of teaching courses. Phone interview was done first. Also, a panel Interview was done. Each member had questions they asked based on resume and experience.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UMBC (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very simple. Basically the department made decisions of admission after reviewing the available applications. after several months, I received an email saying I'm admitted. Then, I had a quick phone call with my potential adviser.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMBC in May 2016.

Interview

Meet with different lecturers in the department
    present a lecture on a pre-selected topic to other lecturers, professors and some students Lecture last 15 to 30 minutes using powerpoint, white board, and/or chalkboard.
    Tour the school
    meet with the chair of the department and discuss your approach to teaching

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to teaching?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMBC.

Interview

I contacted the professor directly though email and we set up a 1-on-1 interview. He asked about my past research experience as it related to his projects. He introduced me to the projects he was currently working on. At the time, one of his graduate students was working on a process which I had previously worked on in a previous research experience. The professor asked me to write an essay about the importance of water pollution and water treatment.

Interview Questions

• How extensive is your experience with solid phase extraction?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Catonsville, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Professor asked in class if anyone was interested in a lab position and I emailed the professor seeking my interest. He scheduled an interview the next day and at the end of the interview, he told me that I can start working the next day. After the interview, I filled in all my employment papers that I needed to do and started working the next day.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMBC.

Interview

Short phone interview and asked at the end of the phone conversation to came in and meet with the supervisor and team members. Spent about 2 hours in mostly general conversation about background and skills. They were concerned with both my ability to do the job and fit with the group.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got selected for interview immediately. I did setup interview time and appeared. Employer asked me few basic question regarding technical skills and how to implement to solve real world problem.

Interview Questions

• What will you ask student if he/she did not get print correctly from library ?   Answer Question