UMBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.4

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UMBC (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very simple. Basically the department made decisions of admission after reviewing the available applications. after several months, I received an email saying I'm admitted. Then, I had a quick phone call with my potential adviser.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMBC.

Interview

I contacted the professor directly though email and we set up a 1-on-1 interview. He asked about my past research experience as it related to his projects. He introduced me to the projects he was currently working on. At the time, one of his graduate students was working on a process which I had previously worked on in a previous research experience. The professor asked me to write an essay about the importance of water pollution and water treatment.

Interview Questions

• How extensive is your experience with solid phase extraction?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Catonsville, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Professor asked in class if anyone was interested in a lab position and I emailed the professor seeking my interest. He scheduled an interview the next day and at the end of the interview, he told me that I can start working the next day. After the interview, I filled in all my employment papers that I needed to do and started working the next day.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMBC.

Interview

Short phone interview and asked at the end of the phone conversation to came in and meet with the supervisor and team members. Spent about 2 hours in mostly general conversation about background and skills. They were concerned with both my ability to do the job and fit with the group.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got selected for interview immediately. I did setup interview time and appeared. Employer asked me few basic question regarding technical skills and how to implement to solve real world problem.

Interview Questions

• What will you ask student if he/she did not get print correctly from library ?   Answer Question

Audio Visual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Catonsville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former employee and had a lot of experience in the field who was a part-time employee and a student of UMBC. He referred me for his role at the job since he was graduating and knew that I needed a job at the time and was a good fit for the role and the team.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working/fixing an issue in front of a crowd?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I approached by teacher and whom i was taking a curse with. i was doing fairly well. therefore when i asked for the position, i was informed of the research details rather than being asked about my skills and experience.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening followed by technical interview and than final face to face typical interview process first they will ask you to tell something about yourself than how long you can work if we hire you

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   1 Answer

Inet Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

You were required to submit a test animation using a package they provide.
    They communicated via email and invited you to an interview.
    They interviewed you as a team and asked you general questions about you and your resume, as well as your test animation, which they had on an iPad during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do as a career?
      Who is your favorite artist?
      Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Columbia, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

Round robin interview for many hours with COO, Director of Operations and various team members that you would be working with. Pretty good process overall, albeit a bit intimidating