UMass Boston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UMass Boston

2.8

Sort:

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Boston in April 2018.

Interview

Brought me in for two interviews, and called my references and left a voicemail. When the references called back, they did not return the call. When I followed up many times via email regarding the recruitment process, they ignored me for months. I finally checked with HR and they said the role was filled. Very unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Interview

They ask basic interview questions about my schooling and education. My interviewer was very nice and over all my interview went very well. I did not have to wait to long to hear back from them.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

They asked me some brief questions and viewed my transcript. Make sure the work length and my available time working for them. Finally make sure and working process and the work place and my math skills to guarantee my ability working for them.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

1 interview in front of a panel of 3, they scored my answers and stated they'd choose the person with the highest score essentially. So the more you knew about the position and academic policies, the better the score.

Interview Questions

• I had to name a lot of state and local benefits and outreach facilities, which if I hadn't done research on the university, I would not have come across that information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called and offered the job, asked me when I wanted to start. There wasn't much negotiating because it's a state school and the salary was posted on the ad.

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

It took the job three months to get back to me for an interview. I interviewed with four individuals. After the interview it was not long after when I got a call from human resources offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict in tour previous positions?   Answer Question

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

All they care about is your personality and how sociable you can be with students. I honestly feel that if you are good with kids, that you will be one of the great professors that teaches here. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a job here after a couple interviews

Interview Questions

• when was a time when you went against the norms of society   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA).

Interview

the process is pretty simple, the only thing you need is meeting your PI. and the department will decide which course you will teach. the thing gets awful is the salary, it is very low, compared to the other school. and TA has been signed more and more responsibilities with a decreasing salary.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMass Boston.

Interview

First you need to find an open position in the HR website department wise and then apply with a referal so that you will get a call or else approach any employee directly and build a rappo to refer you. Then the interview will take place and you will be questioned based on your background experience and few questions related to the job you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell them you back ground and the experience and assue your candidature   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

interviewed by 3 department faculty members, met them individually, questions about your background, goals, and expectations. No very difficult questions, faculty members were very nice. They are very supportive also. I found out later in the days when I worked and studied there.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Amherst, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Had an in person interview, never heard back from anyone.