UMass Boston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.7

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA).

Interview

the process is pretty simple, the only thing you need is meeting your PI. and the department will decide which course you will teach. the thing gets awful is the salary, it is very low, compared to the other school. and TA has been signed more and more responsibilities with a decreasing salary.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was offered a phone interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was asked a lot of intense questions that I was not expecting. I did not hear back afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about doing research?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston.

Interview

Quick, fun, and not intimidating. The people in this field are warm and welcoming, and are looking for the same. You also need to show that you are competent and willing to work with students.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an one to one interview and after that I gave me some core data to convert then I did convert it.
    Then after I got the this position. So overall It was nice interview and If you have knowledge about basic things then you can crack it.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston in September 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by a former boss, phone and online interview landed me the job. I only has to go on campus to sign and hand in payroll paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service philosophy   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMass Boston.

Interview

First you need to find an open position in the HR website department wise and then apply with a referal so that you will get a call or else approach any employee directly and build a rappo to refer you. Then the interview will take place and you will be questioned based on your background experience and few questions related to the job you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell them you back ground and the experience and assue your candidature   Answer Question

Research Assistant/Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

The initial communication took awhile, about a month, at which point I was asked to interview in two weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston and met with the 3 PIs at the lab. The interview lasted about half an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was asked if I wanted to be in a research team of a professor in our department by my adviser. I went to the professor's office and he showed me the current projects he was working on. I showed my enthusiasm on one of his project without knowing if I will get paid (I considered that was a great opportunity to learn and that is it.) I was told that I could get paid later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have time to work on this project?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Disorganized process compare to other universities. Met in the morning, required to do a job talk, teach a course, meet with leadership (as expected). The interview was very telling, in retrospect, as morning coffee was not complimentary (I paid).

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into the mission of a public institution?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

They asked me some brief questions and viewed my transcript. Make sure the work length and my available time working for them. Finally make sure and working process and the work place and my math skills to guarantee my ability working for them.