US Agency for International Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Agency for International Development Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development in December 2017.

Interview

It was very straightforward. First, there is a phone interview. If you make it to the second round of interviews, HR will submit a request for your recommenders to fill out a form and then a follow-up interview on Skype will be held about 2 weeks after the phone interview.

Internship Interview

Interview

Online process that was strictly focused on free response and three references. Long time turn around. Be patient because it will take a while. They want to know what unique qualities you bring to the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a month and a half later for an in-person interview. A few days after the interview I was selected as a finalist and then asked to complete an online assessment. The in-person interview was straightforward and the online assessment was timed and a bit intense, but doable.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like: Why do you want to work at USAID?   Answer Question

Foreign Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development.

Interview

Applied on USA Jobs, was contacted for a day-long interview organized by an outside contractor. Four others were interviewing at the same time. First hour spent writing a memo after being given a prompt. Next the group of the five of us discussed the memo in front of a panel who observed us. The last part of the day was individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online during the summer. The application was ver long and meticulous. I heard back three months later. In the email, it said I'd been offered one of the positions I applied for but it didn't tell me which one. I was happy and decided to accept the offer, anyways.

Technical Advisor Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward -- mostly behavioral questions, some technical ones (but fairly uncomplicated ones). However, my application included several supplemental essays, which I was very careful to make concise, clear, and point out all relevant experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development.

Interview

There was a posting for the opportunity at my university that I had to apply for online. I was then called in for an interview with a program manager from the agency and a member of our development lab at the university. After that I received a call from my supervisor in DC and later a call from my boss.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development.

Interview

A phone interview first, followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was one hour and covered the background on the position, a set of questions, and then my questions. The in person interview was similar in format, although it also included a scenario that I read and presented my response.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was a typical behavioral interview, nothing unexpected. Questions were straightforward, mostly asking about my working style and time management skills. Also asked for particular areas of interest within global development.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Agency for International Development.

Interview

I submitted an application online through a USAID contractor, and was told about 3 weeks later that I would have a Skype interview. This interview was conducted by a panel of 4 people, three at USAID and one from the contractor. I would say that the questions were fairly normal. Thoroughly researching the program that I was applying for was a good call since they were clearly pleased with my prior knowledge. A few hours after the interview I was informed that I was a finalist for the position, and about 2 weeks later I had an additional phone interview with the head of the department. About a week after the second interview I was given an offer. From submitting my application to receiving an offer the process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, and how will this position help you get there?   Answer Question