US Agricultural Research Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I was applying for a pretty basic lab internship, and after emailing a lab manager I was invited to come in for an interview a few days later. Met with one of the lab managers, had a pretty quick chat about my past lab experience, and then I was hired on the spot. I interviewed in the middle of the Summer so it's likely that they were understaffed and willing to take pretty much anyone, but that worked out fine for me.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Byron, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Byron, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a very relaxed yet informative interview. They had a panel so that was new but it was comforting by them being relaxing and patient with me. Just take your time and know your stuff. Breath easy.

Interview Questions

• Would I be okay with working outside in non favorable conditions? Meaning Heat, Cold, Rain, Ect.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They ask you about your experience. You just need to sounds happy to be there and confident and you will get the job. They also ask me about why I wanted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through college/university. The process took about 4 weeks. The interviewers were nice and did't go hard on me. They wanted to find out if I was a good fit for the role and the questions revolved around my technical skills. The interview took 30 to 40 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Robinsville, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Robinsville, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

First a phone call then a group interview. They ask you 7-8 questions that were basically a checklist. They ask about your experience and skills. Very easy interview. Very easy process, just takes a long time to hear back from them.

Negotiation

Everything was told to me no negotiation needed

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Ames, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

applied in person went for an interview a week later. The interview was not very long since the work that I was going to be doing was more manual labor than anything else. I was more dessed up than the person interviewing me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service.

Interview

Nothing too special or difficult. I went in to meet with the members of the laboratory I would be working with. Everyone was very welcoming and explained the general role I would have. Asked about my experience and educational background.

Biological Science Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Grand Forks, ND) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview, in which I spoke directly to my eventual supervisors. It was cordial and informative. The USDA cannot provide on-sight interviews and thus it is usually only by phone. The interview involved both the scientist I would work directly with as well as our unit research leader. The interview does not often provide a full understanding of the personality of the person you end up working for.

Biological Science Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Davis, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, easy, and brief. Only a few questions were asked and they were all typical or general questions. I was also asked some basic chemistry calculations.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service (Davis, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A five person panel was presented with one person missing. There were no name tags or placeholder to help keep everyone's name in order; the missing person turned out to be the hiring manager. They came an hour late so my interview was extended an additional half hour to compensate. This was definitely a red flag of things to come.

Interview Questions

• Did you have experience bringing an office back up to speed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interesting. I applied for a lower grade, yet received high marks in the interview and then received an offer for a higher grade on the spot.