US Citizenship and Immigration Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

2.5

Immigration Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online through the RPCV jobs portal. I then emailed to ask for more information. The agency then called me to give me more information. I was then told I may qualify for another job if I wanted to be considered for it. A week later I was interviewed over the phone for about 30 minutes and then given a written portion for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the USCIS and not another fed agency?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services in November 2017.

Interview

Telephonic panel interview consisting of three people and myself. Each individual was part of the unit in different capacities that each introduced themselves and were transparent about what they do. They allowed me to ask them questions at the end of the interview which took almost an hour.
    If I am offered the position I would be notified in 4-6 weeks. As I write this review only two weeks have passed and I am unaware of the outcome as requested here.
    Additionally, the position offered two days of telework a week.

Interview Questions

• If you were in an elevator with the director from USCIS and had two minutes to talk to them what would you say?   Answer Question
    • What was the last book you read that you would recommend to an analyst?   Answer Question

Immigration Services Officer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services in September 2017.

Interview

I put my resume into a rolling application and the San Jose office invited me to interview. It was a panel of the three people in charge of the office, and they took turns asking me five questions total. The entire process took about 30 minutes including my questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you dealt with someone who was hostile   Answer Question
    • How do you go about explaining complex technical issues to someone who doesn't know jargon?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join USCIS?   Answer Question
    • What do you view as the proudest achievement in your working history?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience applying critical and analytical thinking to a problem   Answer Question

Immigration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Phila, PA).

Interview

The interview process is pretty cut and dry. I applied for the position back on June 2nd and I received my interview on the 25th of July. The interview consisted of a panel of 3 who were all supervisors and ask a total of ten questions altogether. After the interview is done you will get invited via email a writing sample which will be conducted online. Haven't received a offer as of yet but my fingers are crossed

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with management?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your previous experience can relate to this position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with others of different demographics if so how do you deal with them?   Answer Question

Immigration Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 2 person panel telephone interview and lasted 20 minutes. They asked a total of 4 questions. After that there was a background process. Over all a positive experience; very nice and informative personnel

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest achievement, describe your current job - what you like and dislike, why are you interested in USCIS- what makes you the better candidate   Answer Question

Immigration Services Officer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel of three people. The interview was done over the phone and had a time limit of only 30 minutes and only five questions were asked. Four out of the five questions were situation based and contained two or three parts that made it a bit confusing. The general questions want to know examples of resolving conflicts or implementing teamwork, but they add on some more questions that might trip you up a bit when trying to recall them.

The best question was the final one when they asked why you wanted to join their agency. Thankfully the time at the end for additional information and questions allow the opportunity to paint a more complete picture of yourself as a valuable candidate.

The interviewers were friendly, but extremely professional and do not make small talk. My advice would be to get to the point as fast as possible and have some specific examples on hand. The entire interview lasted only 15 minutes and I am currently waiting for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the USCIS and not another government agency?   Answer Question

Enforcement Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services in August 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. The interviewers were comprised of a panel. The focus of the interview was on my ability to work in a high paced operations center. There was some discussion of prior operations employment history. I have interviewed for the Tucson office and the Harve Sector. The Tucson position was more in-line with the position description from USA Jobs. I planned on using the interview experience gained from the Tucson postion for the Harve position. That was a huge mistake. Harve focused more on state criminal activity. I did well on the Tucson interview but bombed the harve interview

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest criminal threat to the Harve sector?   1 Answer

Office Services Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied for the position located in Indianapolis in April 2016. An nterview was never conducted. Application "Received" in USAJobs, but there was never a follow up. I sent emails an got the same response that interviews would be conducted 6-8 weeks. Telephoned the agency and left my contact information. No phone call received.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. Very comfortable setting. lasted about 15-20 mins with 5 situational questions. After my interview I gave 2 references then was sent an email to complete an essay. Hiring process is rather lengthy from application to receiving an EOD date but the outcome of a job offer was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome based questions   Answer Question

Immigration Services Officer (Bilingual) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got referred about a month later in late June. A couple days later they called to see if I wanted to interview and two days later I did a phone interview with a panel of two people. They asked me about 8 questions (2 of which were in Spanish) or so. I still do not know whether I was offered the position or not.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service and how does that align with USCIS?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you adapted to new regulations/software changes?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team, describe the situation   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the role of a USCIS officer? (Asked in Spanish)   Answer Question
    • How do you think you can contribute to USCIS? (Asked in Spanish)   Answer Question