US Citizenship and Immigration Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.5

CIS Assistant (OA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Panel of two people. Asked 10 questions during the interview. I applied online and got a interview within 2 months.I did applied online and did the drug test and background invesitgation.

Interview Questions

• Q: Define Customer Service.
      Q: How you deal with hostile customers?
      1 Answer

Asóciate Client Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (El Paso, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Had to wait 2-3 months to get interviewed the recruiter did not described the position I applied for the recruiting process was very slow the ineterviewers weren't friendly they interrupted me when I was talking

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you didn't like about USCIS   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

A 45 minute interview with about 10 questions, most general in nature: describe a situation when..., what would you do if..., etc. The questions are geared towards and assume all applicants have prior government experience or have worked in a strict hierarchical company, with supervisors, managers, a full chain of command. It was followed by a writing assessment.
    I was offered the position and have been going through background checks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Approximately a month after the closing date for this vacancy, I received an email inviting me to an interview. It was an in-person three person panel interview. It lasted about 45 minutes. I had to take a written assessment test after the interview. Some of the questions I was asked are as follows:
    Describe a stressful situation you experienced? What are your weaknesses and strength? Why do you want to be an asylum officer?

Clerical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with an upper management official for the office. Not very long, no more than 30 minutes, mostly going over my resume. Also made it easy because the official was very easy to speak with. Official also went over the various roles of the position during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that would allow you to exhibit empathy in your work?   Answer Question

Immigration Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (New York, NY).

Interview

1 hour. Basic situation questions about how you handle stressful situations and the outcomes. Had to give a writing sample. Just be sure to smile and don't come off as if you're going to be a difficult employee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a stressful situation at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Asylum Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a 3-person panel interview which lasted about an hour. Each person took turns asking questions and there were 10 or so questions total.

I was then given time to ask some follow up questions (which I had prepared in advance) and we talked a bit more about the position and office atmosphere. I also received a brief tour of the office when the interview was finished.

The interviewers were all really nice and overall I had a great experience. You should definitely arrive 45 mins to 1 hour early though since the security lines tend to be quite long! I was there 45 mins early myself and had only a few minutes to spare before my scheduled interview time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since this is a government job on the GS pay scale.

Asylum Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Interview

I filed an online application with USA Jobs and received an email for the interview about a month later. I had to take an online essay writing exercise. There was a three person panel and the interview lasted for about an hour. They asked questions about past experiences, leadership, ability to back up decisions, how to observe people, and how to address conflicts. My references were contacted the same week. I waited about two weeks for the tentative offer. I have now received an offer and am going through background checks.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever find yourself in a situation where you could not follow a directive and what would you do.   Answer Question

Immigration Services Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Interview

I had a group panel interview, which included five questions. Three people took turn asking me each question. The questions were very specific. It was a pretty brief interview. Although the allotted 30 minutes for the interview, mine only took about 10-15 minutes.

Immigration Services Officer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I scheduled an interview time via email and when i was called they advised that there would be three people on the panel. A total of 5 questions were asked and there was silence when they would write down my answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided outstanding customer service.   Answer Question
    • How do i go about explaining complex technical issues to someone who doesn't know jargon?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when contributed to the accomplishments to a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe my experience providing critical and analytical thinking.   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge of USCIS's mission and what do you feel is an officers role?   Answer Question