US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2016

2.5

Law Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

Interview

Friendly people. Met with technical and legal judges, then candid discussion with law clerks. The general counsel is very welcoming.

Slow to respond with the answer, as it to e expected with the Feds. Still awaiting outcome

Interview Questions

• Describe law review experience. Describe cite checking / bluebooking experience   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

Interview

One interview in person followed by brief background check using references. i interviewed in person with multiple people. My references were checked and then had a background security check to clear me for a clearance.

Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I met with two people. I had a scheduled appointment, arrived on time and waited for over 40 minutes to be seen. A woman who saw me waiting for so long was so appalled that she called up to the office to insist that they see me. I was greeted by two men and immediately as I sat down one of them said "lets get this over with" They wrote down about half of what I said and talked about things that had nothing to do with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should get this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Plymouth, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. It was not intimidating. There was a preliminary phone interview followed by a group interview with the site staff. They were professional and I felt comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

• Experience with MS Office software? Ability to handle stress?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Rockville, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Long Clearance Process. Lots of Paperwork. Orientation was long. Study the organization and its mission extensively. Know the commissioners. Study the internet. Study the history. Study the scientific aspect. Be flexible.

Program Analyst Interview

Interview

I got on the US job site and applied. I met with the supervisor several times and was offered a job. There is no negotiating, you are hired for the specific pay scale.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission in May 2014.

Interview

Relatively informal interview with the branch chief and one other senior staff member. Interview lasted about 1.5 hours and was more a discussion versus traditional. I did not present and was not introduced to the whole branch. Unfortunately, my interview wass the best conversation I ever had with my boss.

Interview Questions

• How does your background in research fit our needs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to show proof of prior salary to increase pay grade

Summer Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Rockville, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

It was just a phone interview, the interviewer was my to be boss. He was very nice, but sounded very dull and did not have a lot of information on what I would be doing as the summer intern.

Interview Questions

• What I expected out of the internship   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It was me and my potential boss on the phone. It was a normal conversation. It was very friendly. The questions surrounded my work experience, school work, and extracurriculars.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical questions around my work experience and related school work.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Rockville, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 branch heads and they went around asking technical (contracts related) questions. They were all very kind and the atmosphere was very friendly. They also included typical behavioral questions. I had to wait 2 months before finding out that I did not receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, just typical resume/behavioral questions   Answer Question