US Small Business Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Small Business Administration Interview Questions

2.9

Paralegal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief, to the point. They needed staff ASAP so there were few questions. Straightforward description of the job, very clear that no time off would be allowed and that it would be minimum 60 hour weeks for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any upcoming plans, such as vacations or weddings?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration (Herndon, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel of 3 people for a telephone interview. They were very calm and relaxed, interview went pretty smoothly. Asked a few questions after the interview was done. Was asked when could I start if hired.

Interview Questions

• What interest me about this position?
      What kind of leader am I?
      Tell me a little about yourself?
      Name a time you had to make a split second decision?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration.

Interview

Lengthy. Standard interview questions. Some dumb questions: "explain why you left company x" when it is very clear on your resume that you moved to another state far away! Standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Some dumb questions: "explain why you left company x" when it is very clear on your resume that you moved to another state far away! Standard interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration (Herndon, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied on USAjobs and about two months later they called me in for an interview, I was interviewed by two ladies. One of them could not speak english too well so it was hard to understand her and she came across very rude when I asked for her to repeat some of the questions. Two months after the interview the head of HR called to offer me the position, I told them I could start in a month because I was currently living overseas. At first they agreed I filled out all the necessary paperwork, then when I turned in all the paperwork the head of HR emailed me back saying after reviewing their work load they had to withdraw the offer.

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration in October 2014.

Interview

Job was announced on USAJOBS.gov. Once your application is submitted, it is evaluated by HR specialist. Evaluation consisted of a review of your resume, occupational questionnaire, and other documents required that are listed in the job announcement. Interview panel of three top administrators. District Director, Deputy District Director, Program Support Assistant Executive Direction. Each score interview performance separately. Scores are combine for a total score.

Interview Questions

• What in your experience do you think prepared you to be the public affairs specialist for this district?   1 Answer

Interview

No interview. I just received an email stating I was selected for the position.

Loan Officer Interview

Interview

I heard through friends that the SBA was hiring loan processors to assist Sandy victims. I called HR and was instructed to email them a resume. Within a few days, I received a call from a supervisor requesting I come in for an interview that day or the next (Saturday). I interviewed on Saturday and was hired. Orientation was Monday and training started on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary grade assigned. I accepted.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration.

Interview

Hired as a contractor. Work was evaluated for over a year. After a while I was offered a full time job at the same Agency doing the same work. I took it.

Interview Questions

• The job interview was over an entire year. No specific interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I filled out a USA jobs.com posting and they offered me a GS-12 position as it was equivalent to my contractor salary.

Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration in February 2013.

Interview

The interviewed consisted of a 15 minute phone interview. My resume had been submitted by an existing employee. SBA needed several more people to handle the large volume of loan applicants after Hurricane Sandy. Phone interview one day, went in to sign employment documents the next day, picked up ID badges the 3rd day, started training immediately.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe any questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Temporary position, no negotiation required.

Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Small Business Administration (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

You receive an email inviting you to an interview. Once you get to the office, you will be met with a panel interview. If you are invited to another round of interviews, it will be one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer