USA Truck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at USA Truck

2.1

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at USA Truck (Van Buren, AR).

Interview

Very basic.Pass background check and drug screen. Check on your references and work history. Check on your basic knowledge and no how to drive a truck. They will give you a written exam and then take you out on the road for a driving test. Then you will go back to their yard for a backing test.

Interview Questions

• Only thing they ever really asked me was, when I am available to start driving.   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USA Truck (Springdale, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

I was not interviewed. I was offered the position immediately without questions or review of my resume. I arrived and was seated in an office at which point two additional employees entered. I was introduced and left within 5 minutes.

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USA Truck in August 2015.

Interview

Very professional, everyone is very nice. It's like a family. They make you feel wanted as a newbie to the industry. Everyone that trains you are in depth. I'm looking forward to a future with this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask questions and be specific.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USA Truck (Springdale, AR) in September 2014.

Interview

Relaxed, no pressure. Company is casual, small office, very intimate. Standard interview questions, I probably had more for him than he did me. Explained benefits, time off, commissions, training, company outlook.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in trucking? Have you ever brokered?   1 Answer

Driver Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USA Truck in June 2014.

Interview

HR called to say they would like to interview me, and set up the time/date. I was interviewed by a panel of three, all men. Two were Operations Managers (manages the Driver Managers) and one was a Load Planner. They asked about why I was interested in the job, my previous transportation experience, and how I handled stress. They skimmed over the job duties and schedule.

When HR called to offer the job, they went over salary and benefits, as well as schedule.

Interview Questions

• None really, pretty vanilla interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, the salary was set. Take it or leave it.

Driver Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at USA Truck.

Interview

Had to wait for 45 minutes, but other than that the interview went great. Very cordial supervisor named "David" is who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• "What do you expect to achieve by working for this company?" It was a very hard question to answer, but I believe I answered it well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USA Truck (Van Buren, AR).

Interview

5 person panel. They go over your resume. Tell you about the job, benefits. The pro's and the con's. You will be competing against multiple people for a typical job

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USA Truck (Van Buren, AR) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and informative. I felt nervous at first but she was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was with the Billing manager. The corporate recruiter was very nice also. She asked questions about my personality, my current job, my previous experience, just the normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Finish this statement:
      I feel best when ..........   2 Answers

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USA Truck in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, comfortable. They called very shortly after I applied for an interview the next week. I interviewed with the supervisor and also the manager. It was very laid back and easy going, it was clear they were just trying to get a sense of my personality and didn’t take it too seriously.

Interview Questions

• Average questions - tell me about your personal life/tell me your greatest weakness, what are your salary preferences, are you a good multi tasker   1 Answer

Orientation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USA Truck (Van Buren, AR) in January 2015.

Interview

I flew in to the corporate headquarters and interviewed with five different people about the position in about 2.5 hours. Then I was taken to lunch and flew home.

Interview Questions

• What was my management style - was I assertive, permissive, or something else?   1 Answer