USI Insurance Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.1

Producer Employee Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Very nonchalant about things. The internal recruiter missed our initial phone interview because she put it on the wrong day in her calendar, then sent me the personality tests a week after I was told it was going to be in my inbox, which forced me to have to schedule an additional interview for once those results were back in with the hiring manager. The hiring manager seemed like a good guy but basically gave me no shot from the moment I walked in because I come from a different industry. I was asked to come to a 4th interview and meet with a couple of team members, but after a week of not hearing from him or getting responses to my emails, I finally got a voicemail saying "sorry, but we've moved on with other candidates"

Interview Questions

• The results from your personality test say that compared to others who are successful here you wouldn't be a good fit. How would you overcome this?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was very basic, face to face was in depth. Both interviews were very casual which made it comfortable.

Personal Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was not looking to move from my former company but was presented with a great opportunity and a great company culture. I got a call from a recruiter at USI and she was very understanding to the fact that I wasn't actively looking for a new position. She followed up with me as promised and set up an informal meeting with a VP. After the initial meeting with the VP, I became more interested and was able to have a phone interview with the national VP. I then continued to speak with the recruiter and have most of my questions answered by her. Once I felt confident that moving to USI, I was able to interview with the agency president and head of HR. I then took an assessment of my sales profile and was offered a position at USI.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an objection from a prospect?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had stated from the beginning that I had a number in mind that I would need to make a move. USI offered that amount on my initial offer sheet so it was very straight forward and painless.

Interview

Well managed do your homework understand ONE. Very long process very selective and time consuming overall fair need to bring your A game they give you a lot of information to help you be prepared

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services (Woburn, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The overall process was very thorough, efficient, and informative. It was a very pleasant experience and my recruiter was easily accessible to me for any questions.

Interview Questions

• I believe I was asked how to describe how to handle objections and how I would obtain leads/prospects.   Answer Question

Personal Risk Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process took about 3 months. I was initially contacted by a recruiter who made the process very enjoyable. I spoke with the Pl on 2 separate occasions ; then had a face to face. Final phone interview was with VP of Personal Risk; role play was done and a detailed explanation of expectations and processes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Offer was reasonable for outside sales position.

Personal Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was recommended by another employee. I was contacted by a recruiter who sent me an email to a link allowing me to take a personality screening profile. She called back with the results. Although they weren't optimum, she took the time to ask questions to see if there were strengths that weren't readily seen within the constraints of an online test. Once the recruiter was satisfied, I had interviews with the regional practice leader (twice), the location practice leader and the divisional head. Five interviews in all before receiving the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe an interaction with a client where you developed an interest by presenting a financial issue, a proposed solution and a real world example of how that solution saved the client in quantifiable dollars.   Answer Question

P&C Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services (Woburn, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

First conversation is with a corporate recruiter; informative back-and-forth about what USI does, what makes them different, and the space in which they operate as well as why the initial contact was made (employment history, skill set, etc.). If at the end of this conversation there is mutual interest... The next step is to meet with the VP and/or President of Sales where a more detailed description of the duties, expectations, and responsibilities are discussed. This is a good opportunity for the company to get a read on the interviewee and the interviewee to get a firm understanding of what is expected. If both parties are still mutually interested in moving forward then next step is to meet with a producer to see what they do, and be able to talk about the what a typical day, and week, in-the-life is like. If things are still on track, the next step is to perform an on-line assessment, and then meet with the Regional HR Director and the Regional CEO.

Interview Questions

• What do like the most, and least, about you're current job.   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services.

Interview

Very difficult,stringent process but can be easily maneuvered if well prepared. You will go through quite a bit of necessary hoops. Overall, the team at USI was awesome and they are very professional in their delivery.

Interview Questions

• Can you succeed in our line of work and how?   1 Answer

Corporate Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USI Insurance Services (Valhalla, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I thought I should I write this review prior to the offer stage (so that it's not unfairly biased on whether I got the offer or not).

I was approached regarding a new corporate HR role at USI by a lovely Corporate Recruitment manager (Kirsten Rota) who clearly is a great ambassador for USI. Kirsten made the entire process to date very pleasant. It felt like I was talking to an old friend giving me the feeling that probably everyone at USI has the same attitude.

At the interview, the hiring manager was very candid and pleasant. I liked how she seemed very non-hierarchical yet very professional. From our conversation, I got the impression that USI has a very innovative and logical approach to how they conduct their business and that the company was very progressive in its operations.

Interview Questions

• The first question was to ask what my understanding of the role was, which started the interview off ensuring we were both on the same page in terms of the vision of the role.   Answer Question