Umicore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.8

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catoosa, OK

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Umicore (Catoosa, OK).

Interview

The interview went very well and lasted for 1 1/2 hours. I was told there were about 10 people being interviewed and I would hear back from them. Well that did not happen. It is very rude to take that much of a candidate's time and never let them know when the choice is made.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Umicore.

Interview

Applied online. Then had 2 phone screen calls. Then had in-person interview with panel of three people. Relatively straight forward process. Pretty routine. Each interviewer asked several questions. Took about one hour total.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Umicore.

Interview

Phone Screening with HR. Then I was invited for in-person interview with hiring manager and peers. Overall I was satisfied with the process. I had to go to NH for the interview. Then I had to give some SHL test online followed by talking to some psychologists over the phone. It took around 30 days for them to finish. I was offered job contingent on satisfactory drug test and physical screening.

Interview Questions

• standard behavioral questions and about your work experience   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Umicore (Providence, RI).

Interview

It started with a phone screen then followed by meeting BU management and other peers. They perform an online SHL test before hiring. Finally background check and offer contingent on passing drug screen and physical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What part of your previous job you didn't like.
      Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Umicore.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview, went to a site interview (one on one interviews with multiple people), and was made an offer via mail the day following my interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation, but my position was a temporary one

Process Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Umicore (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on my school's job portal, got a call to come in for an interview. They asked standard interview questions, then I had to complete a quick and basic math test and english test. They were very nice and after the interview they followed up with me by the day they said they would.

Junior Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Umicore (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

I went in to the panel interview. There was 2 people from HR, 1 manager, and 1 senior metallurgist. The interview was approximately 30 minutes long and afterwards, the following Friday they requested my university transcript. Another week later, they sent me the formal employment forms.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what was your previous work experience, statistical analysis, what are hydrocyclones, how do they work   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Umicore (New Delhi (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Got a call from the HR consultant for the interview with the Regional Manager at the Regional office in New Delhi. Prepared for the interview and attended the same with recommmendation letters.

Interview Questions

• Certain questions related to the problems faced in projects executed in my previous company.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Umicore (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was quite confusing. There seemed to be some limitations from a higher level of management

Interview Questions

• How i would handle a situation which had nothing to do with the job I was goinf for   Answer Question

Negotiation