Union Beer Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.4

Off Premise Beer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online got contacted right away. Office is in a industrial area of Brooklyn and although they have a parking lot, its small and full so give yourself some extra time to find parking on the street. Once inside the office I had to wait awhile for first person to interview me but she was polite and fair then she had me interview with one of the sales managers which was a whole other story. He was more concerned about telling all the negatives of the the business and how he doesn't care about the sales reps than anything else. He droned on and on for nearly an hour and a half making analogies using sexual references and cursing and seeming all proud of himself. The positive is that you know what you'll be getting into but unfortunately that means you'll kinda be on your own out there.

Interview Questions

• not too many questions mostly standard interview questions. seemed more concerned with talking, I assume is a tactic to gauge if you can handle stress that he made clear he will give you.   Answer Question

All for working independently but as a company I believe everyone needs to help each other to reach a common goal.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Clara was so nice and helpful. She kinda kept forgetting to call me back, but nonetheless she was nice and i got the job. She is very friendly and makes the interview very eazy so you wont feel nervous.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The entire interview was about 30 minutes long and was largely as expected, though there is a lot to the job to take in and I think this is made clear to understand the stress, demands and long work days involved rather than sugar-coat it.

Off Site Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through indeed and received call not too long after. Hiring manger was very pleasant and easy to speak with and they are upfront with the negatives of the job. Speaking with the manager of off site and on site sales is like an interrogation. They really chew you out to see if you have the stomach for the job. It is not a very comfortable interview environment though.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a storefront to keep your beer on their shelves as apposed to a competitors.?How would approach situations such as those?   Answer Question

Work environment and culture did not look like the right fit for me.

Sales Representative At the Brooklyn Facilitie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

At the moment you start the interview with the HR manager and the company director you CAN'T wait to start working with them, they are exactly the type of people you like to work for and the type of environment that you would love to go every morning. The problem it's when you actually interview with the area managers, one person look and act like it was drunk and the other seems to be having a bad stomach virus. Super rude, condescending and not understanding that the image that they transmit at that point it's the company image, in short words, I left the place feeling that I was just a piece of s...

Interview Questions

• What makes you a competitive person and give an example? I agree, it's a great question, but asking the same thing more than 4 times kind of get a little bit frustrating, mostly cause the person that was asking seems to be drunk.   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I found the initial job posting on Indeed and I applied online. Then I received a phone call from HR 2 days later. We scheduled an onsite interview for the following Thursday. Upon arriving I was greeted by the receptionist before I was called upstairs to the HR office.

First interview was with the HR Manager, she was quite nice. Mostly just job and education history questions. Where did I go to school? What do I do now? What are my career goals? after about 20 minutes I was taken to see the Operations manager.

The Operations Manager seemed like a cool enough guy. (Personable, but a little old school). Here there were more operations type questions. Your understanding of operations and logistics? Etc... He was looking for someone to teach and move up through the company. And I was told that the decision process would take about a week.

Fast forward a week - I emailed HR for an update - No response
    Fast forward a month - I emailed HR for an update - No response

Which leaves me with assumption that they saw the emails, chose to ignore them and that I did not get the position.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got called the next day, went to the interview, first received by Clara anything out of ordinary, then interviewed by the area manager and the area director, all very standard, any hard questions.

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

three part interview process:
    before you even have an interview you have to take a short test that were math based multiple choice and then two analytic short answer questions
    first with who seemed like a senior hr dept employee,
    the next round consisted of one on one with two of the operation managers/supervisors,
    and finally last one with the operations director

Interview Questions

• first round typical hr questions like why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      second round, managers/supervisors ask about prior and/or relative experience, discuss what you will be doing and how you can fit in, also salary
      lastly the director tells you the same as the managers/supervisors, was quick interview
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

Interview

My interview process was a breeze. I first talked to someone in HR, then immediately got sent to a manager, then a higher-up manager. Everyone was super friendly, joking, but at the same time very well composed and articulate, asking questions about previous employment, and what set me apart from everyone else. Very conventional experience. Was offered a position that day but was also informed that this was a rare occurrence.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be offered a position over the guy they interviewed yesterday?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. They start everyone at the same base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Beer Distributors (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I was contacted pretty fast after applying for the position. Regrettably the only good things about Union Beer distribution. First interview is with the recruiter typical interview questions. Even though i said i didn't want to work for the middle man. She forwarded me for second interview with first line manager. They kept hinting towards working you till you pass out on a very low compensation package. They try to get you with bonus and what not but it is not worth it. Very prude and dull managers. I was offered the position however i decline to work like a slave and not have much in return.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work till the work is done?   1 Answer

Terrible compensation for 50+ work weeks. managers seemed incompetent the guy cursed in a interview for god sake. The only cool thing.