United Nations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Nations Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Three DESA interviewers. They asked regular behavioral questions. The interview lasted for about 30mins in total. They also asked about my previous experiences and education and why I wanted to intern at the United Nations. So be prepared.

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

Application submitted through Inspira. Department reached out and arranged first interview with HR personnel. Second interview scheduled a week later with Chief of Unit. About a month passed before I got my selection email. Two weeks later, after submitting documents I got the start date. Lengthy process. Be patient.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you didn't meet a deadline and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for the UN?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

I applied online and waited for a few weeks. I then received an email asking if I was still interested in the position and was then invited for a phone interview. It was one call and there were a few recruiters on the other side of the line. I was asked whether I was still enrolled in university and a few other questions that related to my prior experience. A few days later I received an email with my acceptance to intern for 3 months with the possibility of extension. The recruiters were very nice and the interview was fair and smooth.

Interview Questions

• About my prior experience and how I acted in different scenarios   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone screening first and then written test. The phone screening is standard but the written test is a bit hard. I didn't pass the written part. It's basically a 2 pgs essay

Interview Questions

• The written part asks about how to promote email manners between employees   Answer Question

Economic Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

They are slow to get started, but then things move relatively smoothy. Don't expect to hear from them quickly afterwards. Interview is a panel where the ask questions based on the UN competencies framework.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Jan week one for 6 positions. Got response only for this position by Feb week 1. There was just one interview. It aas conducted Skype. 2 interviewers, eventual supervisors.

Interview Questions

• We use the following technologies at our place... Explain your experience with working on these   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United Nations in February 2017.

Interview

The process took 4+ months. Applied online on UN human resources gateway, received an email asking for my availability approximately 3 months later. One month after that I received an email inviting me for a brief skype interview. The interview was extremely brief--they only asked one question.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at the United Nations.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online during winter break. Heard back in early Feb asking for my avail abilities. Then they reached out to me a couple weeks later to schedule an interview, which was really chill (I believe that they have almost made up their mind by then).
    Side note: I indeed spent a lot of time on the application

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

Need to apply on the Internet and wait for a couple days. I was interviewed at the headquarter of United Nations. Warm and welcoming impression. Very approachable interviewer panel. They were not trying to square the interviewees at all. Make sure to arrive on time. That's all.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a specific technical case study in practical problem solving.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They are really nice. More for the general behavioral question. They just want to talk to you and get know what skills set you have to see if you fit for the position.