United Nations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Many questions that were competency based, each question often having three parts. If you know the organization they are easier, but if you don't then you really need to do your research from the TOR on what competencies are necessary.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best qualified candidate for the job   3 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

A competency-based interview that requires you to answer questions that revolve around the UN's core competencies. The competencies to be covered are listed at the bottom of every job description.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a problem with your team   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

Applied online. Took like 3-4 months to get a call for a test. After the test, it took like 2 months to get the result from the test and get an invitation for an interview. Competency based interview. Focused on the three competencies specified in the terms of reference. Took another 3-4 months to get the response from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview related to the terms of reference.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Bizzare---they hire for a senior level position without actually meeting you in person. Only a phone interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing we are not doing the great things you are talking about in your experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was fine

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I got a written test. The written test just asks you to come up with 1) two tweets based on an article they sent you 2)one instagram post about the article 3) facebook post

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

They were very encouraging and efficient with the whole process (after you are scheduled for an interview, the waiting between application and notification is horribly long), and I was given a written test before going to the phone interview. They do not pay interns but I guess people want to get in since it's UN, an org that even your grandma knows!

Interview Questions

• A mini-case question where the goal is to maximize the resources needed in to transport civilians from war zones to safe areas.   Answer Question
    • Behavioral questions such as statistical background and past internship.   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

Need to apply on the Internet and wait for a couple days. I was interviewed at the headquarter of United Nations. Warm and welcoming impression. Very approachable interviewer panel. They were not trying to square the interviewees at all. Make sure to arrive on time. That's all.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a specific technical case study in practical problem solving.   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

They ask a lot of information and proposal. The process is very slow and requires a lot of interviews to get the job. Be prepared for 10 interviews by different people including people in other departments.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through University's career center. Sent in Resume, Cover Letter and writing sample (research paper). Called and asked for an interview. Interview completed via Skype with supervisor. It was a laid-back interview (which was partially due to cultural values of mission). Make sure that for any UN interview you dress to impress in full business. Blazer recommended, very formal environment. Called a week later offering me the position. Started that next week.

Interview Questions

• How have the courses you've taken thus far in university prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a competency based interview and requires you to give examples of your work in the competency listed in the job posting. The interview is structured into 3 parts; one where they introduce themselves and ask you to do so and then they split the questions for each competency among the panel (usually 3 people) and finally ask the candidate if he has any questions for the panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your education and work experience deem you fit for the role?   1 Answer