United Site Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.9

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Site Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. received a call from the recruiter. She emailed me a time and date for a in person interview. I had an interview with the Area Operations manager and the HR manager. The next day i had a phone interview with the Area sales manager.

Interview Questions

• What would be your top 3 priorities   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Site Services (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly quick. It lasted less than 30 minutes. After the interview, I then spoke with the dispatch manager and was shown where I would be working at.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Site Services (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, Operations, and prospective boss. Phone interviews with VP of HR and another Operations VP.
    After I questioned why the position was also posted at their hdq in MA the position no longer became available.

Interview Questions

• How would handle field team members who were against the corporate strategy for centralized purchasing   1 Answer

Driver/Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Site Services (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It was okay lot of paper work overall it was pleasant them managers then was very nice and helpful.the job was easy i started on the yard washing the units first. the they had a opening for a service driver and i took the job and loved every minute of it

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Site Services (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager did not have any interview skills. I ran the interview after about 5 minutes.

2nd interview was with new Director. He and I talked for 1.5 hours and he was really excited to meet me and offered me the job right then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Is this salary a firm number?

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Site Services (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by the local HR Manager over the phone. I met the Director of Customer Care and the VP of Operations at a hotel bar for the first interview. Then I flew to Southern California to interview with their VP of Ops and then to Chicago to interview with the SVP of Sales and Marketing.

Interview Questions

• What was unexpected was how little the Director of Customer Care knew about call centers and customer service.   1 Answer
    • What was unexpected was how desperate the VP's of Operations were to get a customer care manager who would help them grow their sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I turned their first offer down because the pay would not be enough to support my family. They countered with a better offer and I accepted. The offer letter did not indicate that the offer was contingent upon me moving my family to the bay area, so I moved them about halfway closer, giving me the ability to commute to work and still afford to send my son to preschool. However, the entire time I worked there I was threatened that if I didn't move into the bay area I would be fired.

Call Center Manager - West Coast Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Site Services (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I met the hiring manager and a team lead at a hotel bar. No alcohol involved. They were doing some staff training at the hotel and asked me to meet them there afterward. I didn't really have to sell myself. The hiring manager did most of the talking and I just had to listen and empathize. I was then flown from California to Chicago to interview with the VP of Sales, who then flew me to Southern California to mer with a branch manager who didn't want the position filled. I had to convince him that I could help his branch succeed.

Interview Questions

• The biggest challenge was sucking up to this branch manager who didn't want a call center interfering with his local operations. I pretty much just flew to his city and had lunch with him and listened to him tell me how awesome he was and how much the rest of the company sucked and that he didn't want me interfering with his operation. I just had to nod and agree. It was pretty creepy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Terrible. They offered me $90k per year, which I immediately accepted. Once I started the job they told me I had to move closer to the company or they'd fire me. I moved my family closer as requested and was then told it wasn't close enough and that they'd fire me if I didn't move even closer. I moved my family a second time and was fired a few months later. It was devastating for me and my family.