United Stationers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Stationers Interview Questions

2.9

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Stationers.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and seemless. The staff were friendly and followed up as promised. I would recommend prospects to apply for positions they may qualify for. Company just went through a name change too.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was generally good. Almost two hours. Three sessions. I had HR person, then manager and then director. Ask a lot of questions and be prepared to answer all the questions that they ask. Everybody seemed really nice and try to have a good time

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United Stationers.

Interview

Long interview process. Will take a few weeks to a couple months. Phone, person interviews depending on the position. Will meet with different levels of management depending on the position.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Stationers (Twinsburg, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

rec'd a phone call from hr dept. and was giving over view of job and company. went to the company and met 2 individuals and was shown around the facility and what the operation entails. had interview with both in a small conference room.

Interview Questions

• questions were very good. a lot of questions on how to deal with people and situations.   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Stationers.

Interview

Applied online, took 3 weeks for HR to coordinate a date/time with hiring manager. Asked for my availability then scheduled interview during a time I WASN'T available (seriously...then why even ask me??). When I got there the hiring manager kept me waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes. While I completely understand that stuff comes up, she neither apologized nor even acknowledged her delay. Then we met for about 40 minutes, of which she talked for 35.

Interview Questions

• Only asked me one question - "So tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Customer Care Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Stationers.

Interview

Initial communication from Recruiter after one week. Applied online. Several interviews, process was pretty fast for that piece. One with Recruiter, then three additional interviews with members of Mgmt and HR. Don't think they knew what they were looking for in a leader. Almost two months without communication then got an email job cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult. Behavioral. what do you enjoy doing in spare time? What was your biggest challenge thus far?   Answer Question

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had a brief 1-1 interview at campus with a HR staff member. Then selected to a final round in Deerfield. When out with all candidates and senior leaders for dinner the night before. The following day I had 3 45 minute interviews with various people throughout the organization. These were people I would be working close with. Very laid back interviews. Resume walk through, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work here, tell me a time when you had to deal with difficult people, what level is your Excel skills. Truly basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really threw me off. Having spent a year in an MBA program, you should not struggle with there questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set pay plus housing

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Stationers (City Industry, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

was called for a phone interview,and then a face to face with 2 supervisors.its been a week and i havent heard anything yet?i think they have a hard time deciding what they want.the is only part time too.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to finish a task.   Answer Question

Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I did two phone interviews then was asked to come interview at the HQ location. I met with 3 different people in Compensation & Benefits area then met with the head of Human Resources. Mix of behavioral description interviewing, conversation about skills possessed, by each of the interviewers. I thought the overall process was thoughtful and thorough.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your level of Excel skills and expertise? VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Nested IFs   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, Senior Manager, and another Supervisor. HR Manager asked several typical behavorial-type questions. Was called back early on a Monday to come in for second round of interviews, and basically asked if I wanted the job. So far no offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a process you implemented   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a conflict with a coworker or manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question