United Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.7

Data Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Therapeutics (Durham, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a tech recruiting company which acts as an agent for United Therapeutics. Despite my initial doubts on applying for the position, I set aside said doubts and decided to continue with the process at the behest of the recruiting company. The process consisted of a non-technical phone interview by the recruiting company, an unmonitored online technical assessment, a follow up phone interview with United Therapeutics, and finally, an interview onsite. Despite scoring well on the online assessment and being the only candidate to solve the technical challenge at the interview onsite, I was surprisingly not chosen for the position because United Therapeutics valued experience over talent in this case. Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm actually glad I didn't get an offer if they are a company that belittles talent and prefers experience, and I'll be sure to go with my initial instincts in the future and question outside opinions before following through with future interview processes.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received request from recruiter several months later for a phone screen. The recruiter was pleasant and enthusiastic during the call and it seemed like a good fit. Was told to expect to set up a round of interviews at the end of the week. After hearing nothing for a week, I followed up by e-mail and phone several times with zero response from their end. A month and a half later I received an automated response thanking me for applying and saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Therapeutics (Durham, NC).

Interview

Submitted resume online through the company website. In about 1 week heard from the HR team for a pre-interview phone screen. Panel interview with 3 persons from various departments. After the panel interview a one on one interview with the hiring manager and a tour of the facility. Received verbal offer. Minimal negotiation. Received written offer.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Therapeutics (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a quick 10 minute phone screen with HR, followed by a much more in depth (45 minute) phone interview with the hiring manager. In the on site, met with several different people throughout the day, sometimes 1-on-1, sometimes 2-on-1, and went over resume and experiences. Typical interview questions, some behavioral questions. Very friendly people, took a tour of the facilities and had lunch. Plenty of time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had a conflict with a coworker or a bad group member and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United Therapeutics (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by e-mail and was notified that I was a selected candidate for the position. After about 3 weeks I had an interview via Skype with two project directors in the department I applied to. The interview went very well we talked about the project, expectations, challenges, benefits, and background information. I had a lot of questions about what had I learned during my career and research experiences.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?
      When are you available to begin?
      Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Therapeutics (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with an HR rep. I was then brought in for an onsite interview. I met with the HR rep I had originally spoke to on the phone and another manager in the Accounting department. The interview was behavioral. They wanted to know how you react in certain work situations. I thought I did pretty well and I was certainly qualified but I guess I wasn't the right fit. It was a little difficult trying to accommodate everyone's schedule for the onsite interview, but overall the process was ok.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Therapeutics (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received phone call 2 months later. The interview lasted several hours with 6 different people. The interview seemed to go well but the last 2 people did not seem to be into me at all. The last one was rude and I could tell she did not even want to be bothered with meeting me. I seems they were looking for someone that would fit in with current group. I was older than the people I met with so I feel that I may have experienced ageism. UT seemed like a top notch company benefit and perks wise. I did not appreciate having all those benefits dangled at me when they had no intention of giving me a job. I was rejected immediately the next morning in an email.

Interview Questions

• Questions were really easy but the most difficult question was WHY was I interested in position. Why would I not be?   1 Answer