Universal Weather and Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Weather and Aviation Interview Questions

2.8

Trip Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX).

Interview

First, you will have brief phone screening interview. If you pass, then you will interview with someone from HR. They will ask you basic questions about your experience and provide you with some general information about the job. The information they give you will be mostly incorrect. This is not because they are trying to mislead you. They really don't know. Like most of the company, they are out of touch with the Trip Support dept. You will be given a test which includes some geography questions and you will take a typing test. If you pass the HR interview and the tests, then you will interview with 2 of the team managers from the department. Their questions will be typical interview questions. If you pass, then you will have to go to a lab for a urine drug screen.

Interview Questions

Universal Weather and Aviation Response

Dec 12, 2016 – Director, Global HR Services

Universal’s hiring process involves finding qualified employees, attracting them, employing them strategically into the organization and keeping them for the long term. Universal strives to make good ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in November 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from the Hiring Manager who asked a few basic questions. They did not mail in advance with a specific time so it feltmore like a quick screening rather than a full telephonic interview. Did not hear back after that.

Interview Questions

• They were keen to know of my technical skills in SQL particularly. They are looking for analysts who can work with databases.   Answer Question

Trip Owner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Interview

Candidate will need to take an assessment test comprised of 3 parts, 2 for customer service questions and one written geographic test. If the candidate passes the test he/she will get an interview. The interview was with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• Scenario of how one handle an angry customer. Why does one want to work for them?   Answer Question

Associate Hotel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come in and I took a test online to see if I qualified for the secondary interview. Everything went well in the second interview and I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working holiday, weekends, etc.?   1 Answer

Associate Trip Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Interview

Talked to different managers who wanted to see if I fit in. They also asked questions to see if I knew about the company. Pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. College degrees don't get you more money here.

Trip Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX).

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Then I was invited in to take a Geography test and a typing test. A few days later I received a phone call inviting me in for an interview with the HR manager which then led to an interview with a Manager and a Supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be a good fit for Universal?   Answer Question

Global Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

During the process made me feel like there was respectful for my experience in my industry. Once hired and after my initial training the job got a little more difficult.

Finance Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very short interview process; I received a call from an HR person about a week after applying online, and set up a time at which he was to call me for a 30-minute phone interview. The appointed time came and went with no call or follow-up message. I guess I didn't get the job?

Interview Questions

• Would you be available at 2:00 on Thursday for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Associate Trip Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online through a third party listing. Minimal work history with bachelors degree. They called to come in for a typing test (standard is over 30wpm) and geography test (standard is over 70). Geography test consists of questions like: how many countries in the world (multiple choice, name the oceans, how many/name continents, etc. I passed the tests and was called to schedule a two part interview. First interview was with a couple of team managers. They just asked your typical questions about being a team player, leadership skills, dependability, punctual, transportation to work, what I know about the company already and what to expect in my role. Second interview was with the director and another manager. This interview was brief. What did I know about the company and what is expected of me. Was told to go take a drug test and was called to when to show up for training. Sign a horrific non-compete agreement saying you won't work for competitors for a long time if you leave.

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are going to be paid this amount. You get 3 automatic increases during the first 9mo and then it's a pretty standard raise process like other companies; performance based, how we'll the company is doing financially, etc.

Interview

Greeted by HR and waited for 30 minutes till I spoke to a Manager of the area.