University College Dublin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

CVs were sent through HR, who then subsequently contacted me to attend interview. The job was for a position in a research lab and the interview itself was very informal with a HR person and lead PI asking me the usual questions of how i would fit the role, what are my best and worst skills. Finally, the main questions were theb usual type of interview questions.

Interview Questions

• why did I want to work there?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was no real interviewing process. You have to fill out the online application and send in the documents required. Then it is really just waiting until you hear back from them if you go admitted or not.
    What i found helpful was to go to the school before applying and to talk to people there to get a better insight into what the school and degree is all about

Interview Questions

• many questions about educational background and work experience in online application   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College Dublin.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard for a postdoctoral research fellow position. It was 'fair', with the expected questions about training and other activities relating to initial training that may have enhanced particular skills. The interviewing panel was neither warm nor cold. There was no 'tricky' questions. There wasn't much room for the interviewee to ask questions about the position, the team, the workplace.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with 'co-writing' reports and articles?   Answer Question

A01 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College Dublin in September 2015.

Interview

questions followed the mandatory requirements for the role....I. Enjoy. if job description said: strong relationship building skills then there was a question on that!

I just had one interview - the norm I think for most roles. There were 3 on the panel of interviewers

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person.....those type of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Totally unnegotiable ....my first exposure to public sector

Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

There was a panel of three interviewers, two internal and one external. Each of the interviewers asked several questions, on their particular area of expertise. They were mostly polite, engaging and pleasant; one interviewer exuded an air of not being impressed, which was disconcerting. As in other interviews, they were interested in examples of relevant work and its impact / results.

Interview Questions

• What does the UCD brand stand for?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by PI and co PI, the interview just went through my previous education and grades and my research experience. It was pretty laid back overall. I was asked questions about my specific experience in the area and why I was interested in research specifically. I was also asked some very specific technical questions.

Career & Skills Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. The interview consisted of a 5-minute presentation that I was to prepare (and send in ahead of time) followed by a formal interview (mostly competency-based questions). There were 3 people on the panel representing the department - no HR.

Interview Questions

• What does employability mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had multiple projects to complete. How did you mange your time to meet all deadlines? (not the exact wording)   Answer Question

Executive Director Innovation Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

After submitting CV online I was contacted by email with a proposed date for an interview. Panel interview with two academics, one HR and one entrepreneur. Interview over 1 hour. Two questions asked by each of the panel members. Time for questions at the end which openly clarified lack of flexibility by the panel for the terms of the appointment.

Interview Questions

• How is it that your current company cannot make good use of your strong skills, knowing that your company obviously needs the skills you have?   Answer Question

PhD Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College Dublin (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2013.

Interview

My employer called me for an interview, we meet in his lab where I explained him my undergraduate studies, he showed me the instruments and we discussed about my previous experience in research and my interests for my future

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your master thesis?
      What did you do in your bachelor thesis?
      Do you like this lab?
      1 Answer

Programmer Manager Interview

Interview

Presentation on my background and suitability for the role. 30min interview

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward questions mainly around the content of presentation   Answer Question

Didnt think i would be a good cultural fit - interviewers seemed bored throughout interview, and not passionate about their own work