University Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

University Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Interviews at University Federal Credit Union

3.1

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union (Austin, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

When I arrived at the interview there was other people as well that were getting interviewed. When I got called into the room I sat at a table with 2 people from the company that interviewed me. The interview was not bad at all and they asked basic Interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time where you had to multitask?   1 Answer

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online then 1 week later received a call to set up a phone interview and was set up for the following day Friday. Then 3 hours later received another call stating a conflict came up and had to push back the phone interview to the following week Tuesday. Tuesday came phone interview was late. I was asked questions that I've never been asked and I felt recruiter didn't care about my work experience only asked if I worked at this company or this company. Then the next day received an email saying "we have decided to pursue other candidates whose background and experience are more closely aligned" I felt like my time was wasted.

Payment Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union.

Interview

First contacted by the recruiter. She asked some preliminary questions and said that if I didnt hear from her before the end of the week to call her back. I contact her and her assistant. At that time I was advised that there was a "change in plans" and that the hiring manager wanted to reach out to people himself. I waited and was contacted a week later for another phone interview. It was 25-30 minutes long. The position needed to be filled asap. He stated he was needing to go into a meeting. Near the end of the interview it felt rushed and I didnt get to asked all the questions I would have liked. Within a day or so, after the interview, I sent the hiring manager a thank you letter, no response. After a week, I reached out to the recruiter and they did not respond. I have previously read that other had been "ghosted" after the interview process. Well it seems I am in the same boat as them. Its been about a month and no response from them, not even a "we are moving on with other candidates" email.

Interview Questions

University Federal Credit Union Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We are sorry to hear your interview experience wasn’t positive. We view feedback as an opportunity to improve the service and experience we provide. If you would like to email us at Careers@ufcu.org and provide us with your contact information, we will be happy to reach out to you and provide an update on your application and apologize for the experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter called to set up same-day phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager lead a great, comfortable, 25 minute interview. Asked general questions about my resume and then a few experience specific questions: process improvement example, difficult coworker. See more below.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with writing BRDs and have you ever had one rejected?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to define requirements for a process that wasn't well defined?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I have heard many good things about ufcu but this interview process was terrible. I applied online and got an email about a week later go set up a phone screen. The phone screen was 40 minutes late calling me and only called to push it back another 30 minutes. After the phone screen I waited another week to get scheduled for an interview. The interview was with 5 people and half of them were late to the interview. My interview was on a Monday and I was told I would hear something by Thursday. Well that was almost two weeks ago. I called and left a message, no reply, sent an email, no reply. Not even a thanks but no thanks. Very disorganized recruiting department and not very professional.

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union in February 2017.

Interview

Process took about four weeks total. I went online to apply. After a week of not hearing from HR or the branch manager, I went in to ask for an interview. Branch manager was not in the building, but staff was nice enough to leave my information with the manager. I finally received an a phone interview, which was really positive and resulted in a face to face interview with both the regional and branch manager at the same time. The face to face went well, but did not result in an offer. They asked about my peer relationships and customer selling experience. When I received the phone call about not getting the offer, the manager was very encouraging to keep searching within the company. I was told an internal candidate was given the offer and was just an easier fit at their time with my complete lack of banking experience. Overall was positive, so I was clearly sadden by not receiving an offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview - they made it sound like a casual conversation but it was actually a formal interview with 6 people on the other side. They ended up offering me the job then revoking the offer when their current intern decided to stay with them. They lied and told me they didn't get the budget for an intern for the summer, but a close friend of mine who works for UFCU told me what really happened.

Interview Questions

• You should have done research on our company before applying for this position. What do you know about UFCU?   1 Answer

Personal Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Their was 1 phone interview and 3 in person interviews. The in person interviews were done with a minimum of 2 managers and one interview had 3 managers in it. The interview process took about 10 days and received an offer on the 14th day. their was some role play with one of the managers during one of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you accomplished or exceeded a sales goal.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received a call later that week to set up phone interview. Phone interview went well and asked to schedule in person interview following Monday. In person interview went well then was told I should receive a call if they wanted to move forward. Received a call that Thursday to set up an interview at the branch. Showed up to interview and sat with a panel of 2 managers and 2 financial service reps. All very nice and welcoming. Interview took about an hour. At the conclusion was told they had 2 more candidates to interview and that I would be called if I got the position. A couple of days later received a call from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but with my limited experience and the amount they offer in compensation/bonuses, they couldn't go any higher.

Professional Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University Federal Credit Union (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview takes place between the branch manager and the assistant branch manager and focuses and past skills that can help you succeed. They will gauge your personality as it would fit to a team and inform you of what is expected during the day to day.

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with a heated customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • In your previous job, how much money did you handle daily?   Answer Question