University Tees Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at University Tees

Campus Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Tees.

Interview

I was reached out to via mass email, and then applied online. I heard back about a week later about setting up a phone interview. The person I talked to on the phone was extremely nice, and the first phone call was mostly just to tell me about the position and the next steps for the interview process, which was a video presentation of myself and then a phone call with my to be supervisor.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University Tees (Lakewood, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I really wanted to list this as a positive, because there were a lot of good things about it. I saw their posting online for the position so I sent my resume over via email. It took about 2-3 weeks for them to respond and they set up an interview. The interview was really easy - I brought in my portfolio and talked about my experience a little bit, but mostly they just told me about the company and the job. I met with 3 different people: the first I suppose was in HR, who was extremely encouraging about my background being "perfect" (I have a degree in Fashion Design from Kent State) and seemed certain I would be a great fit. The others were manager and asst. manager, who were also nice but more guarded. 2 days later they emailed me to set up an art test the following day, during which they gave me some sample instructions for designs to do in their office with my laptop. They were testing for both skill and speed; the manager had told me previously that the average time people took was 3 hours and I took about 3.5. This was on a Friday and they told me they would take a look and get back to me the following Monday. I was feeling very confident, but when the following Thursday rolled around and I still hadn't heard anything, I got worried. I sent the manager an email saying something like I wanted to 'check in' before the weekend and got no response. Finally the following Monday I emailed the HR guy and asked if he knew anything. At the end of the day he finally responded and said that I had done very well but they currently weren't at the capacity for hiring right now! What a bummer. I don't know why they had me go through that whole process if they weren't hiring, and if it was a fault on my part I wish they had just told me instead of making an excuse. Really unfortunate because it seemed like a cool company and I would've loved to work there.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask much, just a little bit on my past work experience and whether I was comfortable using Adobe Illustrator.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Tees (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very rigorous but also personal and relaxed. It was rigorous because the process lasted a long time and I had to go through a lot of different steps but every time I spoke with someone they were very nice and welcoming and we got along really well.

Interview Questions

• What positions do you hold on campus currently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University Tees (Lakewood, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen is first, then they ask you to send in a video of yourself. Nothing too difficult- just kind of describe who you are and why you want the job. They look for involved and energetic college kids. Pretty easy process and not too strenuous.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University Tees (Lakewood, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Thorough and untraditional but, too much time required on the part of the applicant. While companies DO ask candidates to return several times for additional interviews, this particular organization asked for a package of "deliverables" in addition to several interviews. The process was too lengthy and, when I was asked to return to "shadow" the owners and have lunch (which I had to bring!), it instead became a presentation of the package I prepared for them. I found it to be unprofessional for them to completely change the purpose of the visit that day. Several comments made by the interviewers were also less than appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Describe the various positions you have held and how they would relate to our organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University Tees (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone call, then create a powerpoint or video describing yourself and why you'd be a good fit for the job. Easy phone call, want to make sure you're personable and can talk over the phone. Don't be nervous!

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you involved with on campus   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University Tees (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online after an informational interview. We were required to send in a slide deck or some form of media explaining why we would be good for the position. I was then emailed to set up an interview with the recruiter who explained the job for me. Next I interviewed with my current boss and then finally I interviewed with the previous campus manager at my school.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think would make you a great campus manager?   Answer Question

Campus Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University Tees in February 2015.

Interview

You will apply online with your resume, and then be contacted by the Recruiting team for a brief phone call to get to know you. Next, you will submit a deliverable which gives more information about yourself and why you think you would be good for the position. Finally, you interview with your potential BDL/boss and if it's a good fit you will be asked to join the team.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in being a Campus Manager   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University Tees (Bowling Green, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Talk to multiple different levels of employees. Main one you deal with is Nate Stansberry. You have to make a video as to why you could do it. You will then be interviewed by three or four different people in the company. After this you will really need to show how you have networked and show how you can get organizations on board with Utees

Interview Questions

• What have you done in school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, all commission

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University Tees (Cleveland, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

If I remember, it was a 4 or 5-stage process:
    1) Application
    2) Phone screening with recruiter, most likely Nate--quite possibly everyone's favorite person in the entire company
    3) Deliverable - I did a pretty PDF of sorts, but I think they have you do video deliverables now so they can see your personality better
    4) Phone interview (assuming you're not close to Cleveland) with who your BDL (Business Development Leader) would be
    5) Accept offer!

Interview Questions

• He asked me to role play a cold call as if he were a potential customer. It worked in my favor though - I nailed it!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew up front that it was commission-only and that commission increased the more I made.