University of Strathclyde Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted early to request to change my time slot for my interview, as a person drop out of the process.

Agreed, I turned up early for the interview. I was taken into the room to meet a panel of 3 people.

The panel were friendly enough. There was a clock against a wall behind wall for the panel to observe.

The panel then described the interview, 7 questions in 20 minutes to allow me to workout the time for each question. I was two minutes over the 20minutes.

When answering the questions, it didn't appear to be any note taking

Feedback:

role was given to internal candidate - As internal candidate are difficult to beat at interview!

Overall experience

Location: Easy to find

Interview: Quick response, relaxed interview, signs of micro-management, cold body language.

Study Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three. The interview questions were not difficult; however, I was advised at the start to treat them as competency-based questions, but the questions themselves were not framed in this way, so I had to keep reminding myself that they wanted competency-based answers. The panel advised that the job had previously been offered on a casual basis and was now being offered on a contract, at which point I thought they probably had applicants who were already doing the job. The experience was let down by the panel not sticking to the agreed date for letting me know the outcome - it took longer than agreed to hear anything, and when I did it was a system generated message telling me my application would not be proceeding - not a nice way to hear this after being interviewed.

Video Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Relaxed and friendly. Nice relaxed academic atmosphere. Seemed like they would have been really nice to work for, but I didn't get the job. It was a little hard to find the interview location.

Video Production Specialist Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

the University of Strathclyde informed me about the hiring process by email.
    There were two stages:
    1. showreel presentation and discussion
    2. interview
    They didn't invite me to a second stage.

Interview Questions

• the University didn't invite me to a second stage. I only showed my showreel and discussed my skills and projects.   1 Answer

Corporate Programmer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online before Christmas and attended an interview in January. The interview was with a senior member of staff and an administrator within the same team. The interview was informal and more of a chat - with competency questions thrown in. Staff were friendly however spent a lot of time questioning the unpaid voluntary work I had completed in a condescending manner.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with stakeholders of different levels of seniority?   Answer Question

Student English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

After applying through UCAS I received an invite to attend an interview. The first stage of the interview was a welcome briefing, where we were put into groups. The groups were of 4/5 people and we were presenting our presentations to them. After you completed the presentation you were subject to questions from your peers and interviewers. I tried to make it more of an interactive rather than a passive experience. My presentation was the only one about education specifically and I was grilled for this.
    Then you are given a time for an individual interview. Try to link everything you say back to your work experience/curriculum for excellence. They only ask you 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• When have I helped someone?
      What would I want a headmaster to see if he were walking past my room?   Answer Question

Telethon Alumni Recriutment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview, lasting only a few minutes. Not great because I was only asked one question.At the time I didn't realise that this was the entire interview so didn't say enough. I would advise to spend time practising how to come across confident on the phone. They want you to be upbeat and maintain a conversation, especially when the other person is unresponsive. Remember, you are taking up someone else's time so be as aware of this as possible and compensate by being extra helpful. You need to be at ease speaking on the phone, otherwise this job is not for you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde in May 2015.

Interview

application was really easy i remember i have applied on the university website on may trying to land a master degree. they answered me soon. unfortunately they didn't give me what i want as i applied to get a msc in finance but they give other 3 options, finANCE AND ECONOMICS FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS

Research Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer asked about my cv, nothing complicated, I explain the things who I did during the University period and after him talked about the role. Then ask some tech questions

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of two people: first a presentation and then be asked questions related to the PPTs and the position. Later they showed me the laboratory and some other member in the group. The position is mainly technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. what's your strength
      2. what's your plan for the next five year   Answer Question