Uppsala University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uppsala University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Uppsala University (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by my potential supervisors through Skype and it was a very pleasant experience. I was hired in 6 months time after my application. So, it is takes some time and you should allow yourself to have ample time before you can be hired.

Interview Questions

• That I had to have at least one face to face meeting before they can hire me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just asked about salary and how it works.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uppsala University (Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)) in March 2016.

Interview

After sending the application, I was invited to the interview because I had a good CV. However, my background was not exactly what they needed so they didn't offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• If I have relevant background...when I can start the job...how I can help them with the project...what I like to do after completing this PhD...etc.   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uppsala University (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was shortlisted for the final interview but unfortunately couldn't hold the place.I was among the four top candidates to appear in 1 O 1 interview, but unfortunately position was offered to another candidate, who have the better background match. But still the Professor who was selector and she have given me kind remarks and encouraged me to continue pursuing the career advancement. She also ensured me that she will recommend me if she will go across any position that matches my background.

Interview Questions

• most of them were personal and learning from my current position.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Interview

One needs an interview with the professor and if he/she agrees to hire you and it is done.

Interview Questions

• If it goes to technical details and one sometimes can't answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uppsala University (Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)) in May 2013.

Interview

An online application registration which then was processed in a week. This was followed by one presentation for the group and three extensive interviews where they asked about different aspects of research.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my willingness to contribute to open source software   1 Answer

Doctoral Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uppsala University (Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)) in April 2013.

Interview

The university announced an open position to which candidates apply online with a resume and motivation letter. Then the best 4 candidates were picked for a direct interviewing session. After that the best candidate was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I consider myself an expert in my field.   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Interview

Very transparent review and selection process, candiate list is distributed to all applicants, 2 reviewers whose name are known to all applicants, reviews and rankings are sent to all applicants. The process is very transparent and seems to be quite fair. The external reviews have a lot of weights. Candiates are invited based on the reviews.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uppsala University in February 2012.

Interview

I wrote an email to a Professor of Department of Engineering Sciences about my interest to work under his group. After few weeks he repailded and invite me for an interview.

Master Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Uppsala University (Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)) in May 2010.

Interview

Centralized process done by Swedish association of universities (higher education)

Anonymous Employee in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uppsala University (Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview was a group interview with a presentation and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why I choose Sweden as work place?   1 Answer