Utilities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Utilities

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Utilities (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online to a position in a regional office, I got an email from the hiring manager the same week requesting a half hour phone interview. We had the interview, which was more of a conversation, and he indicated that he was eager to make a hiring decision during the following week and have someone start 2 weeks from that Monday. I thought was odd since the decision would be made after just a single 30 minute phone call and wouldn't even allow for 2 weeks' notice to a current employer. He also said that he was the type of person who would call everyone back regardless of the hiring outcome.

I waited until his proposed timeline had come and gone, sent an email to follow up, and never heard another word back. I figured out someone had been hired for the position by searching on LinkedIn. It seems to be more common these days that companies reject candidates by never getting back to them, but when you make it a point to tell people they'll definitely be hearing back from you either way, it's incredibly rude and unprofessional when you fail to deliver.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you're looking to move on.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Utilities (Northbrook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Called by HR manager for phone interview.
    Invited for in person interview and met with 2 members of finance team.
    Called back for 2nd round.Given job same day.Asked the usual interview questions. Overall, very easy-going interview and a pleasant experience.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Utilities (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview questions were gear toward personality test and no technical questions asked. Peer, hiring manager & human resources manager were part of the panel. Wish I knew more about the culture about the company before I went for an interview. Also be prepared about what is your future goal is, why you are interested in the area you applied for the job & what you think about yourself.