VA Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VA Health

2.9

Audiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at VA Health (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Review of profile and resume. Call from HR. Online form review of all previous employment. Review by a member of the current staff. Interview with Supervisor. Interview with HR. Personal interview with Dept Supervisor.

Law Enforcement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VA Health (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Communicated via telephone after resume and document submission. Best advice is to ensure that all required documents are prepared and submitted during the process - any mistakes will probably remove you from the process.Two phone interviews held. Waiting to hear from the BI for next step.

Staff Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at VA Health (Bedford, MA).

Interview

VA uses performance-based interviews which means they ask every candidate the same canned questions--no questions based on your actual experience. Terrible for interviewee and interviewer. Group interview and you get minimal to no feedback from the interviewers. It is very hard to build rapport and have any sense of how the interview is going.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult situation you faced with a client and how you dealt with it. What do you consider to be some of your strengths.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation as it is a federal job. Additionally, they mislead me about compensation structures, but since I had nothing in writing, they refused to keep their word (should have recognized then that this was the way the management worked--promises verbally, nothing in actuality).

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VA Health (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter to determine opportunitie given time lapse since employed as RN by VA and work as RN, given long time lapse. She asked me about my qualifications. She explained that her mother was doing the same thing-reentering nursing after semi-retirement. She suggested that I might meet with human resources about utilizing my prior 4 years at the VA to add to vesting process. She was basically not involved in direct hiring process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VA Health.

Interview

I heard about the position through someone my spouse knew. I'm not sure I had to go through all of the steps that a person finding the job online goes through. Interview was a lot of hypothetical questions. Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at VA Health (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

From the time I applied until the day I started it took 10 months. After I applied on usajobs.gov , I did not hear from them for 7-8 months. Once i interview it took them 2 1/2 months to make a job offer. You must have patience.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions. However, since you are working with a group who have a high percentage of mental issues and possibly aggressive behavior a question was asked that could be answered incorrectly, so I want to give a heads up. ----> If you have someone who has shot one person and is holding another person at gun point… What would you do, would you help the person that is bleeding?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is not an option.

RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at VA Health.

Interview

Hiring process takes a while. You complete several forms online and upload several documents. Got a call to interview in person and later had to do the necessary steps such as background check, physical exam (including bloodwork and you can be randomly selected for a urine drug test), fingerprinting, picture for your badge, in class orientation on their computer programs, and orientation to the unit/floor you were hired. It can take a while since there are set dates when the in class orientation is scheduled.

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VA Health (Gainesville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Peer questioning

Interview Questions

• If an outstanding worker showed up to work intoxicated how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VA Health (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Panel interview 3 people, standard tell us about yourself, then 5 behavioral interview questions. This is pretty much standard, I've had several interviews at this organization, structure has been fairly consistant

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Psychology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VA Health (Dayton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Psychology staff were open to answering my questions and made me feel welcome. Interviewees were offered a tour and of the three individuals who chose to go on the the tour on my interview day, two of us were offered positions.

Interview Questions

• This is not something I am open to discussing. General questions about experience and how one would handle situations are helpful for this and other VA Psychology Intern positions.   1 Answer