Valley Health System (New Jersey) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.9

Helpdesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgewood, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey) (Ridgewood, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview process. I was interview by 3 people, all of whom were very welcoming and not at all intimidating. The questions ranged from basic HelpDesk questions about troubleshooting to customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult Client?   1 Answer

Clinical Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey).

Interview

Hire quality, competent people and not just bodies to accommodate or fill shifts. Be consistent with progressive discipline for problematic and toxic employees (especially the ones who have gotten too comfortable and have been employed there for a while) and ensure that your infrastructure is current and up-to-date. Micro management can kill the overall workplace environment and morale. Not enough supervision in other areas of the department. Reevaluate or oust your incompetent supervisors and managers.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey) (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and a day later I was sent an email to take a skills assessment test. A day later, I received a call from a recruiter for an interview and scheduled it the following week. There were several people interviewing at the same time as me, they desperately needed 7 spots filled probably because of their high turnover rates. I applied for a full-time position ONLY and after they offered me the position they told me I would be working per diem(on-call). HIGHLY unprofessional and a complete waste of my time. They only had 2 full-time positions and the rest was all per diem, which they failed to mention. When I chatted with another interviewee he also applied for full-time but was given per diem. Ridiculous. No wonder they have a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work experience
      What does two-way communication mean to you?
      Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey) (Ridgewood, NJ).

Interview

HR Rep and Manager both met with me. First, I met with the HR Rep who asked me the standard questions and what I wanted to do with the position. How would I learn from it and how my previous experiences would help me. I thought that it was very fair and the people I work with were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Valley? How do you demonstrate compassion for your coworkers and patients   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer.

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey) (Paramus, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process took place in the operations manager office. It also included the ciso in the interview process. They asked me questions on organizational skills, how I can work with people who have tight schedules, and whether or not I would be available during off hours.

Interview Questions

• Pen test experience   1 Answer
    • They asked about organizational skills   1 Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey).

Interview

Interviews can go for 2 or 3 rounds of in-person meetings plus an initial phone interview. Peer and manager interviews are common but their goal is to make sure you feel the right connection with the right group. I would say these are average to difficult but definitely worth the time and enough to get a feel of all the groups and department structure.

Interview Questions

• Describe a day at work with us...   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey) (Ridgewood, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Initial HR interview
    2. Called back for panel department interview

Initially contacted in January 2015 by HR recruiter. Met 1 on 1 with recruiter and was asked basic questions about education and experience. Received an email notifying me that I was selected to participate in panel interview with nurse managers. Panel interview took place in March 2015. Offered position in April 2015 and accepted.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey).

Interview

Applied online through hospital website. Received a phone call fairly quickly to set up an interview the next week. Also scheduled to take a pharmacology test the day of the interview (this is flexible). Interviewed with nurse recruiter and then unit manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How do you handle stressful situations? Strengths/weaknesses. Nothing out of the blue.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey) in June 2013.

Interview

Just standard background check and had to get a TB test. Originally applied online and then went in person to talk with the woman who coordinates all of the volunteer activities for the hospital. Very friendly staff, and more of a behavioral interview process

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer here?   1 Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valley Health System (New Jersey).

Interview

Interviewed with Nurse Manager and Charge Nurse - went well