Valley Youth House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valley Youth House

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valley Youth House

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valley Youth House.

Interview

I sent my e-mail and cover letter in after seeing a job listing on Idealist. The supervisor contacted me the next day for an interview with the direct supervisor and the Director. The day after the first interview I was called to be invited to the second interview. The second interview is a group interview with a couple of staff members and some youth. I got the position offer a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are the three biggest problems confronting youth today?   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valley Youth House.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by email within 3 weeks of sending in my application. The administrative assistant who handled the emails and phone calls was very polite and speedy in her responses. However, who ever scripted/dictated the content of the email needs to be more specific and/or detailed in their instructions. The email read as if 2 separate interviews would occur, one that would be a group interview providing general information about the agency and job responsibilities, and another that would be held one on one with a supervisor; This was not how the interview process occurred. Both the group and individual interview occurred the same day. Upon arrival to VYH I was handed a number of forms asking for the same information that was on my resume, as well as what I would later be asked about in the one on one interview. I was also asked for references, which in the email had been instructed to not be needed until the one on one interview during the "second interview" (confusing right?). Although this caught me off guard I was emailed and asked to some back for (the real) second interview with a supervisor. The email described the second interview to occur as a mock session where in which I would present information and my knowledge on a service or program of my choice. Sounded easy enough. However, when the interview began I was instructed to hold the mock session as if I was trying to solicit volunteers or donations from a business/donor. This was a very different scenario than what was sent in the email.
    Long story short I did not get called back and was relived not to have been.

Interview Questions

• (during mock session) " Why should we donate our time and resources to your agency"?   Answer Question

Resident Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valley Youth House (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Typical questions..... nothing out of the ordinary. The interview lasted about an hour. There was a lot of paper work that needed to be done. The atmosphere was casual and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality -/ describe a difficult situation you encountered and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

FFT Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valley Youth House in February 2016.

Interview

Easy they always need people. They are always on rush. Administration interview the candidates. No major problems everything is fast and furious from there on.... hang tie because you are going to need it. A little disorganization at times

Interview Questions

• how you work with difficult clients and how you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary is set

In Home Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Youth House (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two managers in the department. One of the managers seemed to be uptight, where the other was laid back. After I send a thank you email I was brought in for a second interview with the director of the program. The experience with the director was more like a conversation and lasted approximately an hour. I was offered a position by the director by the end of the "conversation".

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about going into homes that may be dirty?   1 Answer

Life Skills Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valley Youth House (York, PA) in June 2019.

Interview

Interview lasted about an hour and half. First part I sat down with the Program Director and the supervisor that the Life Skills Counselor would report to. They talked about the job and the agency and then asked about 8-10 questions asking why you would be a good canindate and what you would do if you were put into certain situations. After speaking with both of them, next came a writing sample. You were given an short paragraph on a "potential client" scenario" that you could face and was asked to answer the following questions on how to handle it.

Interview Questions

• What is one conflict that you were able to resolve to make the situation better?   Answer Question